Registered
07 XLE Camry
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i checked the FAQ but it did say anything about it but
does the

Toyota OEM filter: 90915-YZZD3
filter is off from the 4Runner and Land Cruiser

is there any mods i have to do to make it fit? or is it direct bolt on?

my car is about due for an oil change and wanna try out this filter...

94 1mz

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think my 4Runner's filter is larger than the Camry's ........
You should be able to do a lookup online to match numbers sizes etc. Try Wix, Fram or Napa website ? Why get involved with 'Mod's for something as simple/cheap as a filter ?

·
Toyota..Moving Forward-->
1995 Toyota Camry LE
163 Posts
The oil filter I know for the 4Runner is longer but I believe that it will still fit the Camry. I could be wrong though. For example, both my Camry and Tundra can take the same model oil filter.

·
Ninja-rator
4,262 Posts
cool. any other compatiblities? I hear that a taurus filter (which is larger) could fit.
I'd be willing to try it if someone confims all this.

·
Registered
gen 2 camry 2dr auto
42 Posts
Yes it will fit, working in a dealership for a year i can say that ANY of the 4 conventional filters will thread on and not leak any oil, the ONLY Difference in a 90915-YZZD3 and a 90915-YZZD1 is the length, the d3 is obviously longer, but the threads and bases are identical! The 4 cylinders use either a 90915-YZZF1 or 90915-YZZF2 and ive seen some 3s and 5s camrys come in with a D3 big dude on it and not be leaking anything at all! I put a D3 on my 1mz because its longer and obviously that little bit of filtering capacity makes me feel that much better!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't know who makes Toyota filters but I will tell you that the NAPA branded oil filter has a very good reputation. That is what I use on my Camry, Legend, Lexus RX and Mustang.

Just an FYI.

Gary

·
Toyota..Moving Forward-->
1995 Toyota Camry LE
163 Posts
bmxr4life87 said:
Yes it will fit, working in a dealership for a year i can say that ANY of the 4 conventional filters will thread on and not leak any oil, the ONLY Difference in a 90915-YZZD3 and a 90915-YZZD1 is the length, the d3 is obviously longer, but the threads and bases are identical! The 4 cylinders use either a 90915-YZZF1 or 90915-YZZF2 and ive seen some 3s and 5s camrys come in with a D3 big dude on it and not be leaking anything at all! I put a D3 on my 1mz because its longer and obviously that little bit of filtering capacity makes me feel that much better!!
Yeah, the extra length on the oil filter keeps me comfortable.

·
Registered
07 XLE Camry
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
bmxr4life87 said:

so which one to use? 90915-YZZD3 OR 90915-YZZD1 on a 1mz??????

the d3 correct?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts