Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Corolla DX 1.8L Auto. 180,000 miles

I've had a perpetual oil leak for the past few months. I've spend hundreds of dollars on trying to get it fixed and nobody seems to be able to stop it. I've had the whole bottom half of the motor re-sealed and gasketed, but the oil is still coming out from somewhere. My mechanic assures me that this time he will fix it so we will see.

Also, he put a new transmission in my car when I purchased it because the old one was slipping. The new one was a used from a junkyard with 80,000 miles. It drove fine for almost a year and it has now went out on me and is in the shop for this. I don't see a reason to rebuild the tranny and spend near $1000, I would just like to get another used one and try to find one from a car that could be verified a good one.

Should I just fix it and try to get rid of it and get something else? It's a good car in good shape just having lots of mechanical problems. I hate to keep dumping money into this thing. I will post back when I hear from my mechanic what's wrong with the transmission.

·
Lets Do It!
66 Posts
how much oil leaks...probably cheaper just to put oil in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts