Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 ae86
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive an 87 ae86 last nite i noticed a bit of oil under da gearbox and engine area thought it was da sump !! but its not i filled it up went for a half a mile spin parked up an it was pissing out checked da dip stick after a few mins there it was on da E! put 1 litre in an it leaked out again it seemed to be coming out where da engine and gearbox join could it be da gasket??? all help much apprieciated

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
Flashmn said:
Axle seal most likely.
What you taliking bout??
Ae86's don't have axles in the front.

Between the engine and gearbox, would suggest rear main seal.

From you description I'm guessing your not going to fix this yourself, if you were you would have done it already, (or would have at leat pulled it apart to find the problem.)

So why don't you just take it to a shop, you're going to anyway, and trying to get people to diagnose it on the internet is not going to change the outcome.

·
Registered
87 ae86
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
punter said:
What you taliking bout??

From you description I'm guessing your not going to fix this yourself, if you were you would have done it already, (or would have at leat pulled it apart to find the problem.)

So why don't you just take it to a shop, you're going to anyway, and trying to get people to diagnose it on the internet is not going to change the outcome.
thanks for ur comments an i was just trying to find out could i do it my self on axle stands im guessing not an da fact its a sunday i doubt il find any places where i could fnd replacment seals!! thanks again!!

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
What you taliking bout??

Yeah, thats what I meant. The axle seal thats on the rear end of the crank. :D
Just that we have different terms here and I just translated it :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts