Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 camry and did started happening about two days ago. After driving for about a good hour or so. When i stop at a stop sign or a street light my oil light starts to flicker. Its not solid but just a little flicker. My oil is full and i just changed my oil about two weeks ago. Help!!

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Check the connector itself on the oil pressure switch. It's probobly dirty or corroded. My does this also after i degreased the engine...the crud must have been holding it all together haha.

·
Quasi-Evil Monkey
957 Posts
^^ I'd do what Jetspeed said first, and if that doesn't work, I'd take out the low pressure indicator and tap in a pressure guage to see what you're actually getting. You might have a worn-out oil pump (worst-case scenario).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks guys ill try this tomorow. One more thing its kinda wierd, but when the oil light was flickering at the stop light again, the light turned green than my car started over heating. I just changed the antifreeze from my car yestarday (drained the whole system). Any suggestion??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anthony212 said:
I just changed the antifreeze from my car yestarday (drained the whole system). Any suggestion??
Did you bleed the cooling system ? If not you may have an air pocket...so to speak. Needs burping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've asked a mechanic and he told me that it could be my bearings that need replacement. You guys think that could be it?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Don't guess with something as important as oil pressure. Have your mechanic replace the sending unit with a mechanical gage and take a couple of readings at various RPM's. This should take all of about 10 minutes. This will tell you if the sending unit is defective or if there is a deeper problem, like bad engine bearings or a bad oil pump. Hope for a bad sending unit. Don't drive the car again until you know what teeh problem is. If it's a bad oil pump and you keep driving the car, the engine will quickly be destroyed when it was something you could have prevented.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts