Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a gasket set from importcarparts.com, was like $100 I guess (Overhaul set). Was for my 4AFE project ('91 Corolla). Long story short, there is no oil pan gasket in there. The old motor didn't have one either, just red RTV Silicone. Something I should know?? I've worked on Chevy's in the past and just used RTV instead of a gasket, should I try it in the Toy?? I notice at rockauto that they do sell an oil pan gasket set...

Also what about Head Bolts, can I re-use them?? Or are they shot after 1 use??

Thanks in advance, I couldn't do this thing without you guys' advice...

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
I used loctite black oil pan gasket-glue. thats how the stock oil pan is installed too.
I havent heard the headbolts being stretching ones, but they sure look like such. but they tighten like the ones that dont stretch.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
Weird.. I got my oilpan done on the 89 GTS and I recall getting charged for a gasket for the oilpan.. maybe the 4AGE has a gasket. :confused:

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Nope, my service manual just gives instructions how to lay the bead for the oilpan, even for the 4A-GE, no mention of an oilpan gasket, havent asked a dealership about it, but a parts dealer said no such was available through them and just put a bead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts