Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hi all. Im driving a used 2001 Toy Camry 2.2l. I been having problems with lights from oil pressure and battery and check engine light. They all 3 come on when im driving fast and i come to a halt at the light its starts idling heavy acts light it wants to cut off. So i pull over turn it off, turn it back on rev up the engine and she seems to be ok from that. My Code has been PO171. So i changed both O2 sensors, and the fuel filter (that was found to be defective). These fixes got me more more speed without the problem. Then the problem came back. I been looking for the MAF mass airflow sensor it hiding from me. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thx in advance.

·
Registered
Look in sig
9,041 Posts
You'll need to double-check to see if there is any more codes.

CEL, OIL, and the BATT lights are three different circuits, I don't believe any of them will trigger on if one or more is 'activated'. I'm starting to think there's something more such as a wiring issue going on.

the oil pressure, battery light, and check engine lights trio will all turn on and off together after an engine shut off/restart?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The code that came up was PO171 then i changed the fuel filter and both O2 sensors i got better speed without the studdering heavy breathing idle like the car wanted to stall so i turn it off restart it accelerate heavy and she good. Back to square one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The code that came up was PO171 then i changed the fuel filter and both O2 sensors i got better speed without the studdering heavy breathing idle like the car wanted to stall so i turn it off restart it accelerate heavy and she good. Back to square one.
I been looking for the MAF sensor or should i be looking at the air intake go from air filter container to the header.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll need to double-check to see if there is any more codes.

CEL, OIL, and the BATT lights are three different circuits, I don't believe any of them will trigger on if one or more is 'activated'. I'm starting to think there's something more such as a wiring issue going on.

the oil pressure, battery light, and check engine lights trio will all turn on and off together after an engine shut off/restart?
Nope just the one PO171 and to determine the code I use a scan gauge II. Yes it does restart after stall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts