Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
02 Tundra / 92 Buick PA
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about the low oil pressure at idle and was told it was normal. At that point, I figured as long as the needle was in-between the upper and lower lines it was okay since lines are connected by an arch. So I now thought that was the normal range. But while getting dinner at fastfood place and waiting in line, the needle dropped below the lower line. The 10W30 oil and filter only has about 1500 miles and the filter is Toyota.

Okay, how low is too low?!?!?

Attachments

·
Registered
02 Tundra / 92 Buick PA
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today I found this under the truck near the front wheel. The Tundra was going in for spark plugs, so I got a set of Felpro (sp?) valve cover gaskets and a new oil pressure sending unit as well. When I dropped off truck, he found the oil was coming from the covers. The driver's side is leak in the front just above the exhaust and passenger side is leaking along the back. I believe this is happening because they used the old gaskets with more than 150K miles on them. On the bright side, the spark plugs will be easier to change with the covers off the engine. The shop will hve to wait until the engine is near bone cold to change the plugs, so I may not get the Tundra back today but that's okay.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts