Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
‘91 Camry
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy guys,
So my 91 has been leaking oil, leaking coolant out of the weep hole, the works. I’m gonna replace the timing belt for peace of mind and the water pump too. I thought I might as well do the oil pump while I’m there. I’ve really been trying to do some research on the topic and I just wanted to ask some of the experienced guys here about it. I know the 3s and 5s share tons of parts and they’re very similar, so would an oil pump out of a 98+ Camry be a direct replacement for my 3sfe? I’ve seen them side by side and they’re pretty much identical. I read TheFlyingDutchman’s post about it and didn’t see anymore updates for it, so I assumed it worked without a hitch? Any information would be appreciated, sorry if this is a dumb question and I should’ve used the search button harder. Thanks

·
Toyota Collector
12,188 Posts
To replace the entire oil pump you have to remove the oil pan are you going to be doing that? Or you can only replace the front part of the pump which does not replace the pressure regulator spring that is part of the back housing.

You can use 15100-74060 (original) or 15100-74030 your choice.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,108 Posts
Leaks are usually because the "batwing" o-ring on the oil pump cover becomes brittle and cracks after 30 years.
This.

Unless you need the upgrade (larger bearing clearances on a big-power build, etc.), the stock pump is fine. New 'batwing' and shaft seal will fix it right up.

Do the Aisin timing belt kit with water pump, TKT-002 and while you are in there do the oil pump seals.

-Charlie

Reactions: 66conv6

·
Toyota Collector
12,188 Posts
The shaft seal also goes bad eventually. Used to be the Aisin pump on Rockauto was cheap enough where I would just replace the whole thing. They don't have them anymore one Ebay seller has genuine Toyota for a good deal but comes from UAE shipping takes 10 days.

Reactions: 66conv6
1 - 5 of 5 Posts