Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to figure out what oil type goes in the transfer case? Rear diff and AT. Is there any write ups for the 4gen?

·
Premium Member
2014 Subaru Outback
1,054 Posts
Rear differential gear oil = approximately 0.5 quarts of 75W-85 GL-5. Same with the front transfer assembly attached to the back of the transmission.

The final drive section of the U760F transmission is internally lubed with type WF ATF.

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 XLE-J
5,746 Posts
"Is there any write ups for the 4gen?"
you bet. look in the glove box and you'll find a new book called the owner's manual (and if not, they're free on the internet in many locations) that has all the specifications you need for your exact model and year including oil weights, coolant capacities, spark plug types, and many other things that tend to mystify people to no end. read it all the way through and you'll be amazed at the options your car had that you probably aren't aware of, in addition to the invaluable diy maintenance information. happy reading...:)
tony

·
Premium Member
2014 Subaru Outback
1,054 Posts
"Is there any write ups for the 4gen?"
you bet. look in the glove box and you'll find a new book called the owner's manual (and if not, they're free on the internet in many locations) that has all the specifications you need for your exact model and year including oil weights, coolant capacities, spark plug types, and many other things that tend to mystify people to no end.
All true! The owners manual has a lot of good stuff on features, operations and specifications. What it's lacking is solid "how to" stuff on DIY. It's why a TIS subscription (or a good bootleg or aftermarket manual) is worth the investment.

I think the "write ups" the OP is asking about goes beyond what I provided (fluid specifications - which I got from the Owners Manual I downloaded only yesterday!). We just put a deposit on a CPO 2018 for my kid, and I'm boning up on all things RAV4 before we go pick it up. He's looking for a step-by-step procedure on where the drain and fill is, etc. Some of us will just figure this stuff out, others ask for aid. It's all good. It's why we have on-line forums.

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 XLE-J
5,746 Posts
"step-by-step procedure on where the drain and fill is"
ok,. dint' realize he wanted this. in that case, there are manuals called haynes, made for your exact car which i highly recommend. also, the toyota repair manual is very complete but costs quite a bit so i'd check out the haynes first. i have one for every car i've owned in the last 20 years. replete with how to's, pictures, specs, etc.
hth
tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts