Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Toyota Traitor
15 RDX, 09 TACOMA
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a nice day out today so I decided to wash the new Highlander for the first time. It was a might bigger job than the old Highlander was! I need to get a new brush to do the roof because I can't reach the whole thing.

The grille was a pain to wash because it got really soapy and it took a while before all the soap was rinsed off. I love how the doors cover the rocker panels because it was so easy to wash and there wasn't any dirty streaks afterwards from the dirty water behiend the door. The back door was a pain to wash too because when I opened the glass hatch there was soap trapped in the seal and when I opened it it dripped out and I had to rinse it off again.

I didn't realise how dirty the rims were either! I don't think I ever saw their true color and I really like them! I have a Highlander Sport so it has those "unique" color rims and the whole rim was that "unique" color so when I washed them off I was surprised at how nice they were!

I think the new Highlander has grown on me, I still like the old one more, but I like this one too!

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
I just washed my baby last night to get the desert dirt off of it. I use a foot stool to get to the roof and front windshield. It's a bit of a hassle, but still worth the effort. The only problem I have is dirt getting into all the nooks and crannies in the tailgate area, and then after I'm all done and think I've got it spotless a dirty drip of water rolls down the tailgate. :eek: I know what you mean about the wheels too, they look so dang clean but when you actually clean them off it's like, wow, I didn't realize they'd gotten THAT dirty!

A side note. I got stabbed by some cholla cactus needles that got jammed into the rubber trim around the rear passenger door. Got to be more observant....:D

·
Toyota Traitor
15 RDX, 09 TACOMA
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just washed my baby last night to get the desert dirt off of it. I use a foot stool to get to the roof and front windshield. It's a bit of a hassle, but still worth the effort. The only problem I have is dirt getting into all the nooks and crannies in the tailgate area, and then after I'm all done and think I've got it spotless a dirty drip of water rolls down the tailgate. :eek: I know what you mean about the wheels too, they look so dang clean but when you actually clean them off it's like, wow, I didn't realize they'd gotten THAT dirty!

A side note. I got stabbed by some cholla cactus needles that got jammed into the rubber trim around the rear passenger door. Got to be more observant....:D
I KNOW!!! The bad spots on my old Highlander were the door handles, the trim above the rear licence plate and the seal around the rear window. I noticed some tar on the paint, I'll have to get some tar remover and get that off along with the decals on the front and back.. summer can't some fast enough!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 2 Klugers (highlanders) and it can be a bit of a chore washing 1 after the other; you need to have a system.

I have a 2 step plastic ladder for cleaning, and drying, the roof.
After drying the outside I open the rear window and clean and dry around the inside. Then I open the tailgate and do the same. I also open all the doors to clean inside the surrounds of the doors. After that you need to open the hood to clean under the edges. It's also a good idea to have ther car locked when drying so you can pull out the door handles. This stops alot of the water running out after you've finished.

The problem is after doing all of this I have to start again on the next 1. Then there is also the inside to do.

Rotating the tyres yourself is a good idea as you can do it at a more regular interval and also if you clean the inside of the wheels while you do it, the outside doesn't get as dirty the rest of the time.

·
Toyota Traitor
15 RDX, 09 TACOMA
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's in the old one that makes you want it more?...
It was smaller, easier to park and I just like it better. I find I like older cars better. I have a 2005 Honda Accord and I like it a lot better than the 2006-2007 model and I like it a lot better than the new model too! I hope to drive that car untill the wheels fall off..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts