Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to choose a headunit that has Mp3 playback. Will make my stocks sound as good as they can until I get some cash flow. I've heard to many opinions and guess what, I want to hear more. I am VERY strapped for cash right now. We just bought a new house and i just bought the Camry so I am looking for something that will keep me happy for a while. So far the Panasonic 1300 and the Pioneer 4500 and 4600 are the choices. I just have a couple questions as well besides your suggestions out of those.

Is 50x4 better than 200 Watts alone?

How hard are they to install by yourself.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,535 Posts
Dynamyk said:

Is 50x4 better than 200 Watts alone?
I'm confused, last time I did math, 50 x 4 = 200. Elaborate on what you're trying to ask.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres the product details for the Pioneer 4600 and 4500

Power/Max 50 Watts x 4 MOSFET and the 4600 says 200 WAtts

Is MOSFET make it any better, i know its the same after but is there a difference in quality.

Wihch deck would you take if you are on a tight budget like i am, the Panasonic which is 30 dollars cheaper or the Pioneer which is 30 dollars more

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
the Pionner 4500 is last years model (2004) the Pioneer 4600 is this years model (2005)

The power output is the same it is just a different way of writing it. Both of these decks run a MOSFET power supply. Pick whichever you like the looks of better. It is essentially the same deck.

Jeff

·
Registered
Highlander
1,535 Posts
First things first. MOSFET does NOT dictate the type of power supply is being used. Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effective Transistor is an amplifier design type device, compared to a Bipolar Junction Transistor device type.

All headunits now use MOSFETs, a BIG marketing scheme to get consumers believe it's a better end product, capable of claiming to produce a ridculous 60W/channel on a headunit. Right...

You won't find a difference between the Pioneers 4500 or 4600, I guarantee it. Remember, larger numbers indicate larger output, so always market something with larger numbers.

Installation should be easy.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have the Pioneer 4600 installed in a 94 Tercel 4dr. I'm very pleased with the unit overall. The headunit is connected to MB QUARTS 6.5in with Clarion tweeters up front and ALTEC LANSING 6x9's in the back. Very good sound with more than enough power for clean and ample bass at moderate levels. For the price you can't go wrong.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Pioneer>Panasonic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts