Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Camry
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so there has been a lot of talk about the official name of the ft-86, more specifically the name. There is no definitive proof over the name of this car, but there is a lot of speculation and talk of a "Scion FT-S", a new "Supra" or a new "Celica". Toyota is very tight lipped about this project, probably to build hype.

If anyone can add new info WITH A LINK it would be greatly appreciated :D

·
Registered
2001 Camry
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Until an *official* name has been released by toyota im calling it a Toyota Impreza. Thats basically what it is.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla XRS
160 Posts
Uh where have you been under a rock? or are you from Europe or something cause in the US and Canada its already been designated the FR-S lol but if you are from Europe or something then yeah no idea

·
Registered
2001 Camry
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
XD I don't call anything a scion, it's a disgrace to Toyota. I even call tCs Celicas

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
It's been talked about A LOT that it's the Scion FR-S in North America. I'm 95% positive that's what the official name will be.

·
Registered
2001 Camry
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's been talked about A LOT that it's the Scion FR-S in North America. I'm 95% positive that's what the official name will be.
That's what the North American model will be called, but what will the international one be called? If I ever get that car im ripping off everything that says scion.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Toyota FT-86. That's everything that I've heard so far.

·
Man in Blue.
923 Posts
FT doesn't hold up thought because it is internal lingo for "Future Toyota."

Wonder if they'll just go with FR-S world wide...

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
It won't be named FT-86. There are rumors floating around that Toyota might have half a brain and call it Celica again, though we here in the US are getting the shaft with the Scion...

·
Man in Blue.
923 Posts
It would have been nice to hear more than someone just tapping the throttle over and over. Let's hear what it sounds like shifting through gears and getting up to speed under load.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, strange that he just tapped the throttle over and over; however, this video seems to capture the sound of the engine/exhaust well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
soo is there gonna be a scion version and a toyota version and a subaru version ?????????? im like lost..

It seems like the US version will be Scion, while elsewhere it's Toyota.

Haven't heard any word on the Subaru version. It seems logical they'd make theirs all wheel drive, like all of their cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts