Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
05 Tacoma
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally bought a set of countersteer and nitto tg 265/75/16. I want to get a set of fronts and rear bilstein 5100s. I wanted to get the tsb rear spring, but the truck is too far out of the stated 36k miles. So should I pick a AAL. If I set the fronts to 1.75 and the rear at 0, will I have to get anything else for it? I don't want to get tc uca ($$$). Is this is fine setup for someone who doesn't offroad. I only travel up to the mountains on winter seasons and camp during summer?

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Get the Billies first. If you don't like the stance after that, then get aftermarket AALs. No reason to pay for a TSB leaf pack...unless you can find somebody who is getting rid of OEM leaf packs (post-TSB) on the for sale board.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
Put the 5100's on and set them to 2.5" and get an AAL and you will be setting sweet! I have that setup and love it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 Tacoma
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can someone refer me to a place to install the 5100 and alignment. Also how much will install of the 5100 and alignment cost? I don't have the tools or knowledge to install them.

Thanks

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
can someone refer me to a place to install the 5100 and alignment. Also how much will install of the 5100 and alignment cost? I don't have the tools or knowledge to install them.

Thanks
I can help ya for a fee $$! :thumbsup: I have all the tools, but the springs would have to be done at a local shop (which I know) I don't have a spring compressor! PM me I am in Downey!

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Is this true? if you set @ 2.5", you cant use tour stock UCA's
no and not to call anyone out but thats a load of crap.

UCAs are never required im at 3" of lift with stock UCAs and no problems ( my alignment isn't perfect but my truck drives straight with no vibes)

they make alignment better and have a number of benefits but are NOT required no matter how i you lift

people need to get their facts straight :headbang:

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
no and not to call anyone out but thats a load of crap.

UCAs are never required im at 3" of lift with stock UCAs and no problems ( my alignment isn't perfect but my truck drives straight with no vibes)

they make alignment better and have a number of benefits but are NOT required no matter how i you lift

people need to get their facts straight :headbang:
x2 I am @ 2.5", stock UCA's, 1.5" AAL, and no vibes or issues. Above 3" you should get them. :thumbsup: When I get more $ I want to get TC UCA's and coils for the front.

·
Jeep guy DD'ing a taco...
180 Posts
Bilsteins at 2.5 and AAL in the rear, and it's got drunk gremlins in the front end making it walk all over the road. The cam bolts got max'ed out and the numbers still weren't great.
Now I'm about to get some Light Racing UCA's. It can be done with the stock ones, but to do it right you need to budget in the extra coin for UCA's. :disappoin

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
Bilsteins at 2.5 and AAL in the rear, and it's got drunk gremlins in the front end making it walk all over the road. The cam bolts got max'ed out and the numbers still weren't great.
Now I'm about to get some Light Racing UCA's. It can be done with the stock ones, but to do it right you need to budget in the extra coin for UCA's. :disappoin

Do you have a 2x4 or 4x4, how many miles, what are your driving habits, Access Cab or Double Cab, etc? All these play into problems that people may face. Sorry for your bad luck! :eek:

·
Just pin it, Ya' fairy!
08 tacoma
123 Posts
will the light racing uca's fix alignment issues like the tc ones do? cause i don't wanna spend 700 on the tc uca's when i will never get the use out of the uniball.

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
I think it should as long as it has the uniball joint like the TC's but don't take my word for it.

Why light racing instead of something like camburg or tc?

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
I think it should as long as it has the uniball joint like the TC's but don't take my word for it.

Why light racing instead of something like camburg or tc?
cheeper :cool:

i think they will help with alignment and I'm pretty sure they are a uniball design but like 707 don't take my word for it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts