Toyota Nation Forum banner

Okay, weird stuff going on with the Taco

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  10SE 
#1 ·
Tonight, I'm chillin', watching Lost. Then I see out the corner of my eye, my damn fog lights are on. I did the fog light mod, and must have left them engaged on when I shut her down for the night. However, why the hell did they suddenly turn on, hours after I shut off the truck? Ghost in the machine or what? They turn off when ignition is off, so what gives? Is it the whole gas evaporator thing or something?

#4 ·
TheKneebiter said:
Read your manual ! This is normal. I dont have time to explain but your truck powers on for a few min a while after you shut down. it does not start but does power on. something about purging .
That explains it all, thanks. Manual was read, still freaks me out nonetheless. So the ignition is on during this time 'eh? :eek:hyeah:

#6 ·
I am AROUND my truck ALOT...Many Many Many times right after I shut it off and then outside with it for hours cleaning it waxing it. If people are seeing it as much as its being posted. I think i woulda saw mine

#8 ·
netranger6 said:
That explains it all, thanks. Manual was read, still freaks me out nonetheless. So the ignition is on during this time 'eh? :eek:hyeah:
GOD, READ YOUR MANUAL!!!1! It also cranks itself at 2am and revs up. And on full moons, it cranks itself, backs out of its parking space, then reparks itself 4 inches to the right. If you have a double cab short bed, on the 3rd of every month at midnight it turns pink and screws the neighbor's cat. HOW HAVE YOU NEVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE??? DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU PEOPLE EVERYTHING?!?!?!?!?

#9 ·
Mine does the same thing. About 4 hours after shutting your engine off the ignition system will turn ON (which will also turn your fog lights on if you have done the fog light mod and left the switch ON). If you listen, there is a pump or something that makes noise in the gas tank area. It has something to do with fumes or pressure in the gas tank. I think it's some kind of emissions thing. It stays on for about a minute.

Yeah, I thought it was weird too the first time it did it. It's nothing to worry about. The lights only stay on for a minute, so it won't drain your battery or anything, but if you're worried about it you can just turn the switch off when you leave the truck.

#10 ·
Pb2theMax said:
Mine does the same thing. About 4 hours after shutting your engine off the ignition system will turn ON (which will also turn your fog lights on if you have done the fog light mod and left the switch ON). If you listen, there is a pump or something that makes noise in the gas tank area. It has something to do with fumes or pressure in the gas tank. I think it's some kind of emissions thing. It stays on for about a minute.

Yeah, I thought it was weird too the first time it did it. It's nothing to worry about. The lights only stay on for a minute, so it won't drain your battery or anything, but if you're worried about it you can just turn the switch off when you leave the truck.

Consistent timing? If so, I may do the fog light mod just so I can park my truck near a camp fire, and tell that old hook-hand guy story and have the fog-lights come on at just the right time to scare the poop out of everyone.

#11 ·
BrandonM7 said:
Consistent timing? If so, I may do the fog light mod just so I can park my truck near a camp fire, and tell that old hook-hand guy story and have the fog-lights come on at just the right time to scare the poop out of everyone.
:lol:

I've never timed it, exactly. 4 hours is just an estimate.

#12 · (Edited)
BrandonM7 said:
GOD, READ YOUR MANUAL!!!1! It also cranks itself at 2am and revs up. And on full moons, it cranks itself, backs out of its parking space, then reparks itself 4 inches to the right. If you have a double cab short bed, on the 3rd of every month at midnight it turns pink and screws the neighbor's cat. HOW HAVE YOU NEVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE??? DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU PEOPLE EVERYTHING?!?!?!?!?
Fucking wood ticks..

#16 ·
BrandonM7 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.