Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
That's cool! I like the 5 door variant. Too bad it didn't come stateside.

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
495 Posts
f00kin corolla power.

oh that 1.6 is so fast... :p

·
Registered
93 toyota corolla
635 Posts
i must admit i was suprise that it beat the GTI, but corollas are torquey lil buggers lol. plus when you do trow on some lowering springs, upgraded struts, front strut bar, rear sway bar, light weight wheels and good tires and a powerplant let's say a 4age engine and manual tranny you do get a decent fast, nimble, lightweight machine and sexy with some swapping and additional body parts like front lips side skirts and fx front bumpers etc etc.

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
495 Posts
i must admit i was suprise that it beat the GTI, but corollas are torquey lil buggers lol. plus when you do trow on some lowering springs, upgraded struts, front strut bar, rear sway bar, light weight wheels and good tires and a powerplant let's say a 4age engine and manual tranny you do get a decent fast, nimble, lightweight machine and sexy with some swapping and additional body parts like front lips side skirts and fx front bumpers etc etc.
All VWs have crazy torque too. VWs probably have a higher torque to HP than Toyotas do. But the thing is that the Golfs and Jettas are much heavier cars than their previous VW counterparts were, and so they're slowed down by their weight. I had a 91 Golf and I could tell that it was still rockin the old-car hard metal paneling, now that's heavy metal.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Now when people ask what you drive you can answer "I drive a car that was featured on Top Gear and reviewed by Jeremy Clarkson." :lol:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Or more importantly, "I drive a car that Jeremy Clarkson said was fast" :lol:
I've been doing this since watching this video. :lol: not surprised it's faster than a GTi though... early models of those personally just don't seem that fast on the street. What motor would that have been in that car in the video, the 4AFE? Hard to tell if he's driving a 3 speed or 5 speed too.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Wish I didn't have the three speed auto... great in the city, but man it hits second gear and it's like you ran into a sand trap.
Lol, I can imagine. I spent ages looking for a 5-speed SE Limited before finally finding one. I've only seen a handful of other 5-speed SE Limited's since I got mine. They're mostly all autos. There are plenty of base model 5-speeds out there, but I wanted the electric windows, tach, power mirrors, climate air etc. I test drove an automatic one, but it didn't seem as 'peppy', and I loved my manuals too much to give it up :lol:

·
Registered
95 Corolla
214 Posts
Wish I didn't have the three speed auto... great in the city, but man it hits second gear and it's like you ran into a sand trap.
I know what you mean. I got the 3-speed. I tend to drop it into "L" at lights and gun it for the hell of it. I put in a tach i found out that i can take it to 40MPH before it red lines.

·
AE-202 Owner
Toyota Corolla
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
he just hates reliable cars lol

·
AE-202 Owner
Toyota Corolla
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hahaha