Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I actually have a few questions that I cannot seem to find the answer to. Now, before I ask, I think a little backstory is in order. I got my 88 ragtop about 15 years ago, or so. Shortly after, the clutch blew, and I was never able to get it fixed. I kept her, hoping to be able to fix everything someday. Unfortunately, during the last decade or so, she's been sitting in a field. I'm hoping against hope that MAYBE the fact that the car has sunk down against the ground would have somehow insulated the underside from rusting and rotting out. Not very likely. But, a guy can dream, right?

Anyway, my first question is: Is the 1988 Celica convertible a unibody, or is it separately assembled? My next question is, does that matter with regard to rust and rot? For example, would you be able to perform repairs to sections of the frame that are bad with a unibody vs not?

I'm sure I will have more questions later. However, I am asking these here because I have not found an answer while on Google, YouTube, etc. And, before you tell me "why don't you just look?", I'm asking now, because I am still trying to determine if moving the car is worth it to fix, at this point. Mahalo in advance. Oh, and I'm from the East Coast of the United States.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.