Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One day, I was feeling good, and in no rush... I was going at the speed limit (40km/h) and this old women (65+) waiting for a left turn keep giving me a horn trying to tell me to speed up.

So, I stopped in front of their car and gave them my finger before driving off slowly.

These old women, they are so small but they drive some big ass American cars and thinks they are the only one on the road. There reaction time is slow and they can't park for shit...... They should be OFF THE ROAD. They are like a moving road block waiting to take someone with them to their grave.

·
Registered
14 Posts
old drivers

sonyminidiscman
Thats a sad thing to say,how old are you?you answered your own observation,yes you will make it(I hope you do)to be in your sixties.I'm sixty four and I possess a class A CDL license and can drive with the best of them,so just practice a little more patience because that little old lady is some bodies mother and grandmother.Just be nice and somebody may be nice to your mother or grandmother.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Re: old drivers/young drivers

screamingdan said:
Young drivers too.
Young drivers are much, much worse than older ones. They think they are invinsible and don't give a crap about anyone else on the road.

It wasn't but 5 years ago I was 16. Man I was such a moron:disappoin

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,370 Posts
I dont' understand.....why are you bitching about old drivers being bad....??

if anything, in the situation that you described, you were the "bad" driver....sure, there's a speed limit, and you can stick to it, but it's more dangerous if going the speed limit is not the same as the traffic flow, or if you're purposely driving slow to piss ppl off

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,498 Posts
My 92 year old Grandpa drove me for the first time a few weeks ago. I almost crapped myself. He was speeding and he had a good reaction time! And my Grandpa says that my Grandma, which is 87, also speeds!

·
Missing My Camry...
R.I.P 94 camry v6le
118 Posts
Re: Re: old drivers/young drivers

Tex97 said:
Young drivers are much, much worse than older ones. They think they are invinsible and don't give a crap about anyone else on the road.
so true ...imo the worst drivers are teenage boys who just got their license:disappoin

·
nice guy
191 Posts
i don't know about you guys....but when i am 90 (if i make it there) i am going to be driving 90 mph. You see, you are about to DIE...and you need to get where you are going FAST.

But then again, i don't drive 90 now...not in traffic anyhow.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
qoute:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Celeste
so true ...imo the worst drivers are teenage boys who just got their license
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

very, VERY true

especially ones in civics

i wanted to say that

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eye8Pussies said:
I dont' understand.....why are you bitching about old drivers being bad....??

if anything, in the situation that you described, you were the "bad" driver....sure, there's a speed limit, and you can stick to it, but it's more dangerous if going the speed limit is not the same as the traffic flow, or if you're purposely driving slow to piss ppl off
What the hell you talking about. I had no car in front of me, no car behind me... keeping the speed limit so that I won't get a ticket...... and keeping the speed limit is very VERY hard for me. If I wanted to piss ppl off, I cut them off........ Slow ain't my thing

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: old drivers

screamingdan said:
sonyminidiscman
Thats a sad thing to say,how old are you?you answered your own observation,yes you will make it(I hope you do)to be in your sixties.I'm sixty four and I possess a class A CDL license and can drive with the best of them,so just practice a little more patience because that little old lady is some bodies mother and grandmother.Just be nice and somebody may be nice to your mother or grandmother.
I am 21 years old......... I don't really car what licence ppl have as long as they have the licence to drive the proper type of vehicle.

I bring my car to track to learn the limits of my car so that I won't exceed the limit on the streets.

And the old lady is the one with no patience, she pissed me off when I am have a good day and don't feel the need to speed. @40km/hr, that is SLOW! These good days only come about ones in a few months.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: Re: old drivers/young drivers

Celeste said:
so true ...imo the worst drivers are teenage boys who just got their license:disappoin
I do agree, and I admit I was a little crazy the first year I got my car. Doing hi speed tight turns that I would never do now on the streets? Why? thats because now, I have money to pay for bring my car to the track and play with it. 80 bucks for 4 hrs of track ain't cheap!

Why do ppl race on the streets? its because they can't afford to go to the track or they don't know where to go.

Each city should make more leagal race tracks to let young ppl learn their car and I garantee that street racing will go down and all the young kids will go slow. I know that because ones you are at the track, you will find that the stock suspension have so much body roll. They everyone will go change some harder shocks and lower them. After that, on city streets, kids will be spending all their time looking out for pot holes that they will not have time to speed.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I think people need to be able to 'get it out of their system' by doing track days or having tracks to play on.

My best friend and I are currently looking for a good, open area to practice driving at and more importantly, over the limits. I really want to get my car up to about 50, and just start turning the steering wheel and see what happens, and see what I need to do to correct it. I have yet to really 'play' with my car.

·
Registered
Celica
49 Posts
Here in Spokane they have races every friday night, 5 bucks gets you in and let's you race. It's hilarious though, kids will take thier mom's minivan down and try to race it, it's really funny when two beaters head off. But I gues whatever gets it out of your system, it's kinda fun to go down and look for car's that people have put some real time into. there are a few, but it's mostly stupid teenagers showing off thier riced out honda's. It's funny to watch though.

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
I know the only place around here that you actually could legally race on is the Lowes Motor Speedway and that is for Nascar.

Plus, that place is REALLY expensive if you just wanna go and drive around in a circle, and no kid/whoever wants to spend money on that..

So around here they just race around the streets...cop candy..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.