Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who originally installed the OME (884/885) coils with the stock TRD Bilstein shocks, decided to swap them out for the OME N140S shocks? If so how did it change the ride, and which shock provided a better ride on the road. Thanks

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
My 885's and N140's are sitting on my garage floor waiting for warmer days. I'll let you know when I get them installed....

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
My 885's and N140's are sitting on my garage floor waiting for warmer days. I'll let you know when I get them installed....

·
Official Newb
2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD
1,210 Posts
i haven't upgraded the shocks yet, but i have the coils on my truck. the front seems ok with the stock bilsteins. i'm sure it would be better with the n140s shocks though. i will say i don't care for the rear suspension with the stock shocks. but i plan on redoing the rear suspension once i get my tax returns

·
2005 Tacoma TRD
360 Posts
I have the 885s and have replace the TRD Bilsteins. There is a world of difference. I have both the N140s and N182. The ride is more compliant. Smoother over speed bumps, pot holes, etc. Day to day driving is so much improved. Every bump on the road doesnt jarr you. The front end is firm not rigged. I would recommened getting the OME shocks.

The install was a pain. The rear shocks bottom mounting brakets were a tad tight. Had to grind them down to fit. The front was pretty simple with a rented spring compressor from autozone.

·
Love this Tacoma!
Toyota Tacoma
623 Posts
WOuld doing the shocks later on require another alignment? I have the lift now but didnt have the extra for shocks since I'm buying tires this week also.

·
2005 Tacoma TRD
360 Posts
yfzjen said:
WOuld doing the shocks later on require another alignment? I have the lift now but didnt have the extra for shocks since I'm buying tires this week also.
No alignment is needed. The front shocks and coils slide right out.

I forgot to mention...you do have the option to do the rear shocks yourself. They are simple, and if you feel uneasy about replacing the front shocks yourself you can always take to pepboys. I think they quoted me $105.00 for the front shocks.

·
Registered
839 Posts
For the price of OME coils and shocks, you can get SAW 2.0 coilovers for just a little more

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
For myself I'm O.K. with the ride?? Rides like a truck?
But if ever I want to change it I would definitely buy a set of DR's!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts