Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to find out whether or not the white signaling lightbulbs are legal in Minnesota. (white instead of amber bulbs) If someone could hook me uyp with the info, and if it is illegal, could you tell me the fine you would recieve if a cop caught me? thanzk alot.

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
i believe white or blue is reserved for snow removal trucks.

I have clear corners, but still keep the orange bulbs and flash

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grape, where do you live?

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
Call your local Hwy Patrol or DMV.
Usually amber or white is fine, its the blue or white-ish blue crap that is illegal.

I googled Minnesota DMV for you... LINK
--------------
Prohibited Lights taken from the MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY, DVS Drivers Manual

Blue lights, flashing lights, and strobe lamps serve special purposes. They are not for use by non-authorized vehicles.

Only snowplows, other road maintenance equipment, and authorized emergency vehicles may be equipped with blue lights. Only authorized emergency vehicles, school buses, road maintenance equipment, tow trucks, service vehicles, and farm equipment may be equipped with flashing lights. Only school buses, snow removal equipment, and rural mail carrier vehicles may be equipped with strobe lamps.
--------------

...so, it looks like you will be fine with white.

btw wrong forum, moved to G/D.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey camnub

you should get them, they look alot better then the amber ones you have right now, cuz if the corners are supposed to be 'clear' and you can still see the amber, then it look shitty

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually, i just read the print above the pics of the bulbs, i took it as quote "Sold in Twin Packs. ALL ORDERS INCLUDE 2 BULBS. "
2 for 19.99?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts