·
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who like to use Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner:

·
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm on it. :)

meh.. I once bought my beloved STP treatment for $1.50 plus tax - SIX PACK. Yes, six bottles for $1.5.
I will not pay for anything that is more expensive than that.
I can actually appreciate both of the comments above. I love a sale, btw, and $1.50 for a six-pack is quite a sale! Anyway, just an FYI for those who like to use that product and are also members of Costco who want to take advantage of the Costco temporary discount price.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I can actually appreciate both of the comments above. I love a sale, btw, and $1.50 for a six-pack is quite a sale! Anyway, just an FYI for those who like to use that product and are also members of Costco who want to take advantage of the Costco temporary discount price.
I don't think STP is the same as Chevron Techron Complete System Cleaner. They are both additives, but that is about it.

·
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think STP is the same as Chevron Techron Complete System Cleaner. They are both additives, but that is about it.
Right, I just meant that ukrkoz got quite a deal on the STP product. I didn't mean that I thought he got that deal on the Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Exactly, both are additives with different compositions. I have a best friend--retired now--who was the lead chemical engineer at an L.A. area refinery, and he buys Techron and shuns other additives. That's good enough for me.

·
3,504 Posts
Exactly, both are additives with different compositions. I have a best friend--retired now--who was the lead chemical engineer at an L.A. area refinery, and he buys Techron and shuns other additives. That's good enough for me.
I don't know about other cleaners, but I used Chevron gas almost exclusively for years and years, and when I tore the engine down the intake valves looked almost brand new - on an ~11 year old Camry with way over 200k miles on it. Other than some soot on the exhaust valve stems, the valve heads themselves (intake and exhaust) were virtually spotless. Techron has won me over big time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts