Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Scepter
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my auto to manual transmission swap. It just cost me 1000 NZD all in all. A small piece of wire was just put in the large female connector going to the gearbox.

After this no engine errors occured. I just have to cover the connection with something to protect and secure it.

As a thank you gift to myself. I bought her a Razo GT Advance 340 gearknob.

I now enjoy "five gears of freedom"

The monstrous toyota camry/scepter wheel clearance gained another 15mm though. The manual gearbox was sooooooooo light compared to the auto. I even feel the lightened front end everytime I corner.

Lowering this baby is next - using teins maybe. I just have to save for now just because of the global recession.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
NICE!

Good Job!

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Wow, I didn't think there was that much difference between the automatic and manual. I thought it was only 45kg or so - I guess could be significant though. I can feel the difference when I have one passenger in the car.

·
Registered
Toyota Scepter
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Job. I am surprised how much the car raised, it looks like a SUV with that fender gap, but with the springs it should be no problem.
I parked beside a Holden Adventra SX8 and the wheel clearance looked more or less the same.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/0/C3303EA40D01A714CA256FA500152F80/$file/OVR.jpg?OpenElement

1 - 6 of 6 Posts