Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info. available for Toyota extended warranty?? I know Honda and Ford Dealers have it all available online to compare. Would like to have the info. before I hear my local dealers pitch to rob me for Toyota extended new car warranty. What are the options?? Thank-you..

·
Premium Member
2019 Avalon Limited, Advanced Safety Package, BlackVue DR-750 Dash Cam, Ceramic Pro Coating, XPel
719 Posts
Any info. available for Toyota extended warranty?? I know Honda and Ford Dealers have it all available online to compare. Would like to have the info. before I hear my local dealers pitch to rob me for Toyota extended new car warranty. What are the options?? Thank-you..
Just do a search, on this forum, this topic has already been beaten to death....Google will also give you all the information you could ever want, including Toyota dealers who sell Toyota Products (including the extended warranties) nationwide.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the reply. I did do a search. Greenfield or Midwest? Went to the web-sites nothing listed for extended warranties. For example: Flood Ford, click the car/length and payment options. Bought thru them 1 week before the 3/36 expired saved lots of money. Same with Honda. I don't really know the Toyota options. Will continue to look.. Thank-you

·
Premium Member
2019 Avalon Limited, Advanced Safety Package, BlackVue DR-750 Dash Cam, Ceramic Pro Coating, XPel
719 Posts
Thanx for the reply. I did do a search. Greenfield or Midwest? Went to the web-sites nothing listed for extended warranties. For example: Flood Ford, click the car/length and payment options. Bought thru them 1 week before the 3/36 expired saved lots of money. Same with Honda. I don't really know the Toyota options. Will continue to look.. Thank-you
Check your private messages......

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Hybrid
200 Posts
I have bought two from Troy but on my 2019 this lady was cheaper and will send you a list of all prices.

[email protected]
I bought a total of 5 from Troy in Greenfield (2x 2006 Prius, 2015 Prius v, 2017 Sienna, 2019 Avalon Hybrid).

Both 2006 Prius are gone now, and the other 3 are all covered.

/Jim

Reactions: dklanecky

·
Registered
2018 AVALON LIMITED HYBRID
477 Posts
At one time, certain dealers were undercutting other dealers so badly that Toyota placed a new rule of regulation that dealers were NOT to sell anything outside of their own state. I do not know if this is still in effect or not. At that time a Kansas City dealer had the cut rate price selling nationwide.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bought a total of 5 from Troy in Greenfield (2x 2006 Prius, 2015 Prius v, 2017 Sienna, 2019 Avalon Hybrid).

Both 2006 Prius are gone now, and the other 3 are all covered.

/Jim
Did you ever have an occasion to use the warranty? I'm still trying to decide if its worth it to buy an extended warranty on such a reliable car. I don't want to open that can of worms again as it has already been debated to death. But, did you ever use the warranty on those older cars?

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Hybrid
200 Posts
Did you ever have an occasion to use the warranty? I'm still trying to decide if its worth it to buy an extended warranty on such a reliable car. I don't want to open that can of worms again as it has already been debated to death. But, did you ever use the warranty on those older cars?
A couple of times on both of the 2006 Prius cars. That model had a headlight issue where one of the headlights would go out, until you turned them on again. It wasn't just the bulbs... but a combination of the bulbs and another component. I want to say those were $700 repairs each. My daughter's had something else fail, but I cannot remember what it was. If I remember right, I paid about $900 for each, so we probably broke even.

The larger issue is that if some of the electronics fail on these newer cars, it can be quite expensive. I personally like having the extra coverage, although I can afford to self-insure.

/Jim

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Hybrid
200 Posts
That rule is no longer in effect. You can buy anywhere.
I'm not 100% sure that is correct. When I bought my Avalon in February, I once again used my Massachusetts address to buy the warranty.

I do not think the restriction was (or is) per state, but rather per region. I think I remember Troy saying he can sell to New England and New York.

/Jim

·
Registered
19 Avalon Hybrid
105 Posts
I purchased my 2019 Avalon in February in Louisiana and spoke to both Troy and Jennifer and they told me they could sell me the warranty. I haven't purchased yet but Wolverine Toyota has the best price. I purchased one on my 2007 and 2013 from Troy. I never used either one. Did get a rebate on the remainder from Toyota.

·
Registered
101 Posts
is this an official warranty from Toyota or some kind of third party deal ?

i know warranty was fairly important for obvious reasons on the Chrysler forum and people there were saying Mopar warranty is the official one and the only one to get ... so what about Toyota ? is there an official Toyota warranty ? does it have a web page ?

if the actual warranty is the same everywhere and you simply buy it from whoever offers the lowest price or do different parties sell different warranties ?

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Hybrid
200 Posts
This is a genuine Toyota Platinum Warranty good anywhere in the US.
Correct. It is based on the VIN number and when you bring your vehicle to any Toyota service facility they will see it when you check into their computer.

Some dealers will try to sell 3rd party warranties. Those are not the Toyota Platinum Warranty.

/Jim

·
Registered
101 Posts
Correct. It is based on the VIN number and when you bring your vehicle to any Toyota service facility they will see it when you check into their computer.

Some dealers will try to sell 3rd party warranties. Those are not the Toyota Platinum Warranty.

/Jim
thanks OK i found it ?

https://www.sc.toyotafinancial.com/web/tfs/pub/contents/vsa/TFS_VSA_Platinum_VSA_eBrochure.pdf

"Used Toyota vehicle within current plus 9 model
years old and up to 150,000 total vehicle miles.
See your dealer for eligibility requirements on nonToyota vehicles. Used Vehicle plans are available
through your Toyota dealer only at the time of used
vehicle purchase or lease."

so if getting a used Toyota you have to go CPO and it can be up to 9 year / 150,000 mile ?

but that's when you GET the car ... when will it EXPIRE ?

is there a limit to age / mileage of the car where the warranty will run out ?

i ask because my plan was if i'm getting the Avalon i'm using it FOREVER ( never selling - drive until wheels fall off ) and i wonder how long of a warranty i can get for it ...

giving warranty on a 150,000 mile car is actually fairly generous ! some cars like Audi belong on the junk yard already at 100,000 ...

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Hybrid
200 Posts
thanks OK i found it ?

https://www.sc.toyotafinancial.com/web/tfs/pub/contents/vsa/TFS_VSA_Platinum_VSA_eBrochure.pdf

"Used Toyota vehicle within current plus 9 model
years old and up to 150,000 total vehicle miles.
See your dealer for eligibility requirements on nonToyota vehicles. Used Vehicle plans are available
through your Toyota dealer only at the time of used
vehicle purchase or lease."

so if getting a used Toyota you have to go CPO and it can be up to 9 year / 150,000 mile ?

but that's when you GET the car ... when will it EXPIRE ?

is there a limit to age / mileage of the car where the warranty will run out ?

i ask because my plan was if i'm getting the Avalon i'm using it FOREVER ( never selling - drive until wheels fall off ) and i wonder how long of a warranty i can get for it ...

giving warranty on a 150,000 mile car is actually fairly generous ! some cars like Audi belong on the junk yard already at 100,000 ...
From memory, for a new Toyota, you purchase within the original 3/36000 warranty period. I bought he 10 year/125,000 mile option.

/Jim

Reactions: dklanecky

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
From memory, for a new Toyota, you purchase within the original 3/36000 warranty period. I bought he 10 year/125,000 mile option. /Jim
This is correct, must still be in the original 3/36, and the extended warranty miles/period is calculated from the vehicles 0 miles/ 0 months.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts