Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pre-owned 2019 RAV4 XLE. Love it but can't figure out how to program the car so that only the driver door unlocks when I put the car in park. I rarely ever have passengers and this would be a much safer mode. Can someone advise, please?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,886 Posts
These settings are either built into the vehicle display or only programmable via TechStream. On that note, try opening your door with the door locked from the inside as my 08 Camry with all doors locked from the inside allows me to open the front doors without unlocking the door. Back doors cannot do this. So you may not need to do any programming.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,284 Posts
Turn off the automatic door unlocking in the settings under vehicle customization. No doors will unlock when you put it into Park and you just need to pull on the interior door handle and the driver door will unlock and open. No need to unlock then pull the interior door handle, just the interior door handle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a pre-owned 2019 RAV4 XLE. Love it but can't figure out how to program the car so that only the driver door unlocks when I put the car in park. I rarely ever have passengers and this would be a much safer mode. Can someone advise, please?
These settings are either built into the vehicle display or only programmable via TechStream. On that note, try opening your door with the door locked from the inside as my 08 Camry with all doors locked from the inside allows me to open the front doors without unlocking the door. Back doors cannot do this. So you may not need to do any programming.

·
Super Moderator
13,134 Posts
What about that post makes you certain it's a spammer? There is no spam in their post, or in their sig.

More likely it's someone who doesn't know how to use the forum software.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,886 Posts
What about that post makes you certain it's a spammer? There is no spam in their post, or in their sig.

More likely it's someone who doesn't know how to use the forum software.
It usually is. What I found that usually happens is that the use is on mobile so when they quote another user it ends up being a reply instead so what they want to say is not put out or if they do say something it is put in another post. I've not used ToyotaNation in mobile much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts