Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Avalon
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have an issue where letting off the gas completely over 45+mph results in a temporary open loop state. Repeats symptom every time when going over 45mph+. Sparkplugs worn out, IAC dirty, or knock sensor going bad? Throttle Body is a little sticky at times. Slow fill at gas pump but no clogs on fuel tank vent. Fuel trim is around -3% (Slightly Out of Specification.)
o2 Sensor after cat goes too low on voltage (0.030v) in PARK after quickly pressing on the gas to 4000rpm and immediately stop pressing on the gas which also puts it into open loop temporarily. Car currently has a straight through muffler so is some of the air traveling back making the o2 sensor get a "false" reading?
Engine temperature gauge goes slightly below middle constantly. Thermostat stuck open? Warms up normally but still below middle on gauge usually unless hot outside then sometimes it gets hot enough for fans to come on but never goes past middle ever.

I'm going to go through the engine soon so any ideas would help. Thank you, this is a very weird issue that won't throw a code even after ecu reset. Searched around and can't find anything.

I was also wonder if I could get some confirmation on if 1992 Lexus LS400 Brake Rotors, Pads, Calipers, and Brackets would work on this 1999 Toyota Avalon 153k.
I've been getting information that center hub diameter for the 1992 LS400 is 2mm smaller but other people have said it fits.

Thanks again

·
Registered
01 Avalon XL, 03 Avalon XL
985 Posts
I'm a bit puzzled. How are you determining the open loop condition? Usually it occurs when the engine is cold, just after start-up. Once the heated a/f sensors are warm after a couple of minutes, closed-loop should be the norm from then on out, until the engine is stopped and cools off again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts