Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have seen this?

I found out about it from someone one at Bimmerpost. He just installed it on a 2020 Corolla Sedan and said it works pretty well.

·
Registered
'19 Corolla HB
38 Posts
I've seen this before and was a lurker in their Discord. A lot of people are supporting the Corolla. The hardware itself is going to cost you $1000.
Here's the link for https://comma.ai/

There are plenty of videos on YouTube also with the 12th gen Corolla, Prius, and RAV4.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've seen this before and was a lurker in their Discord. A lot of people are supporting the Corolla. The hardware itself is going to cost you $1000.
Here's the link for https://comma.ai/

There are plenty of videos on YouTube also with the 12th gen Corolla, Prius, and RAV4.
The installation instructions on their website literally uses a 12th gen Corolla.

·
6,628 Posts
Here's the thing.
You buy it and mod your car and it works great.
Then, life happens.
Either cop or lawyer figures you had that done and asks for certification card. that being, that vehicle is certified to run that system, AS SAFE TO USE ON PUBLIC ROADS.
You just DIY-d it, right?
YOU ARE IN DEEP DOO DOO.
It's called illegal vehicle modification. As I know, what happens, as I work with disabled drivers that want to have all kinds of vehicle modifications. Which is Ok, as far as it is done professionally, by licensed installer, with certified devices.
As the result, you get a certificate, a plaque and wallet size card. So, when life happens, and police says - Whaa? You give them that card. If not - well, you are in deep doo doo.

·
Registered
2019 TCHB XSE
9 Posts
I have a manual hatch and run openpilot. It's pretty great.
Any issues so far using it with a manual transmission? I'd assume it functions similar to our existing cruise control just without steering input from the driver.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any issues so far using it with a manual transmission? I'd assume it functions similar to our existing cruise control just without steering input from the driver.
It took some changes to get it working, but it does great. Basically adds steering control to cruise control.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,867 Posts
I'm hoping it will go on sale either during black friday or christmas. The new car harness makes installation a breeze and less cables hanging out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts