Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Valerii Racing
'94 Toyota Tercel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:welcome:

Zero is what I named my Tercel that I'm hopefully making into a beast on a budget.

It's a 1994 Tercel With a 1.5L 3EE Base 82HP I think?

Yeah. A lot of people laughed at me for this. :disappoin

So I started out from things I can afford and I'm going on, I'll list the Prices of everything I have and I'm getting so far, your opinion input and advice / suggestions are helpful and appreciated. Some of the modifications have nothing to do with how to make the car faster, but just things I have for the car.

P.S. I know a lot bad is said about the 3EE but I'm not swapping it. I plan on taking something weak and making it strong.

Alright.

Items/Mods I have:
Head Shaved .050 - $79
NGK Spark Plugs - $20?
NGK Distributor and Wires - $35
Spectre cold air Intake with breather - $45
Oil Catch Can - $20
Red Shift Light - $33
Red Powder Coat 15" Momo Rims - $200
Momo Steering Wheel - $35
Performance Battery Terminals - $16

Items I plan on getting:
Eibach Coil Overs Adjustable lowering kit - $400
Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Hood - $575
EVO 3 Tercel 4 Piece Body Kit - $535
Powershop Drilled Brake Rotors - $140
Toyo PROXES 4 205/50r15 Tires - $80 x 4
Gloss Black Paint Job - $250
Megan Racing Aluminum Spoiler - $125
JDM Turbo kit with Inter-cooler - $750

I also need some kind of idea for headers, maybe custom made because I haven't seen any for this engine, and an exhaust system. I'll keep adding to this as ideas pop up and things are put on and ordered.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Hood - $575
EVO 3 Tercel 4 Piece Body Kit - $535

drop this and your spoiler, get a 4efte + tranny

·
Valerii Racing
'94 Toyota Tercel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said. I'm sorry but I'm not swapping the engine. Even if a 1.3 With a turbo sounds a little better, in the long run I can Make a custom turbo for this too.

·
Registered
336 Posts
sorry to hear this
im not genie but im pretty sure 3e engine is nothing performance, you gonna xplod it i believe if you boost 10 psi in it.
4efte is stock engineered from toyota and it does give performance
i think getting a turbo setup on a 3e is waste of time and energy

my opinion

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
If you are lucky this will be as fast as a new Corolla when you are done.

It does sound like a fun little project car.

·
Valerii Racing
'94 Toyota Tercel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh it's fun indeed! I'm not aiming to put 300HP or have a 10 second car here, just making this thing powerful enough to race with other vehicles it couldn't touch stock.

·
Valerii Racing
'94 Toyota Tercel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I plan on rigging up a turbo for it and those things also. The kit purely for looks, the hood for lightening the car's weight over all, and the lowering kit for better handling due to center of gravity. I would have a question, It would be much safer to run at 8PSI boost, but it would give more power to run 10PSI Boost, which in your opinions would benefit more?

G

·
Well I plan on rigging up a turbo for it and those things also. The kit purely for looks, the hood for lightening the car's weight over all, and the lowering kit for better handling due to center of gravity. I would have a question, It would be much safer to run at 8PSI boost, but it would give more power to run 10PSI Boost, which in your opinions would benefit more?
Be sure to do your homework for fuel management. Your stock injectors, fuel pump and ECU won't provide enough fuel/tuning for a turbo setup. Check out www.tercelonline.com They have a good write up for turbo'ing a stock motor.

·
Valerii Racing
'94 Toyota Tercel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll have to look into that forum now too. The turbo is going to be a big project in itself seeing as I don't have too many people around here that do little things like pipe work to re route the pipes to fit around the engine compartment. I'm very iffy about doing the Job myself even though I'm very very confident in my auto mechanic skills. I've heard a lot can go wrong that can't be undone, and setting up a turbo for this engine would be the only thing I would want done truly professionally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts