Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so if you guys look at the posts I've made recently, I've been pretty vocal about Toyota's new direction at what seems like a lack of ergonomics. Mostly because I can't find a decent driving position in any new Toyota vehicle that was designed after, say, the Echo/Vitz/Yaris.

Anyhow, I walked into an Acura dealer yesterday day (first time ever) and discovered that the RSX fits like a glove. Enough room for me to sit straight up (even with the sunroof), steering wheel, shifter and pedals are spaced exactly right, and the dash curves towards the driver, so you don't have to reach far for the radio. In other words, I'm pretty much in love with the ergonomics of the car.

I know a lot of you guys own Hondas and Acuras. I've always been a steadfast Toyota guy, but the RSX has become the front runner in my search for a car to replace my Gen 3 Camry (in my opinion, a very well interior designed car). I'm not a Honda hater, but I've always had a niggling feeling that I wouldn't be as happy with a Honda as I was with Toyota. What are your thoughts about Honda/Acura and the RSX?

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
If it fits and you like the car, why are you asking anyone here? Sounds to me like the decision is obvious. Are you posting here for someone to say "no the gen3 is the greatest thing ever", or someone to say " yea your gen3 is old, buy the RSX.".

Build quality will be as good if not better than your gen3. Car is sportier, has an aftermarket, and is a little smaller. It's also a decade NEWER LoL!

·
Ferocious Teddy Bear
674 Posts
i like them alot actually, dont get me wrong my honda is an 89 CRX thats pretty much just for the track, but they have the same basic ideas of value and longevity that Toyota has. The RSX was a welcomed replacement for the integra. There are few cars out in the price range that will offer the same abundant features of the RSX. AND definatly none that last as long, its a shame you guys dont get the TC, its actually pretty impressive. RSX is a pretty damn good choice though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've driven a loaner RSX two times. Overall, I think it's a really good car. Handling, seating and performance are all pretty good. I didn't notice this until the second time I drove it, but the rear blind spot is big; thus visibilty to the rear is horrible in my opinion, especially driving at night. I also thought the moonroof was really small, but then again, I'm used to having a larger one since I have a 4-door. I like the car, but decided not to get it because of the price. I thought there were better cars for the price they were asking for.

If you really like the car, go for it!

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toysrme said:
If it fits and you like the car, why are you asking anyone here? Sounds to me like the decision is obvious. Are you posting here for someone to say "no the gen3 is the greatest thing ever", or someone to say " yea your gen3 is old, buy the RSX.".

Build quality will be as good if not better than your gen3. Car is sportier, has an aftermarket, and is a little smaller. It's also a decade NEWER LoL!

LOL! no...i'm not expecting someone to say that the Gen3 is the greatest thing ever.... but i wanted to hear some of the comparisons from people who have own both honda and toyota.... I'm gonna be doing the same thing on the Honda boards.... since both sides will naturally be biased... mostly, this is reasearch for me....I don't like just jumping into things with out finding out what I'm getting into.

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WortownSolara said:
its a shame you guys dont get the TC, its actually pretty impressive.
Yea...well, I'm not getting a car RIGHT NOW...probably in 6 months to a year.... and lots can happen in that time, right?

Buying a car is too much like buying a computer...obsolete in a year...haha

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
depends on what model

but honestly, going from a toyota to a honda, u're not gonna like it. the suspension is firmer, which is nice, but it's also very bumpy. I personally think the stock suspension in my 93 corolla was the perfect suspension. u could handle fast turns, but it didn't jump all over the road. also, it's not as sound-proof as a toyota.

but, it is a ncie car like u discovered. i certainly don't regret it, but if i were in teh market now/in 6 months, i'd probably get a tC, maybe a GTS, but that's too expensive, that's why i went with te rsx over teh GTS

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
For something in 4 doors...more similar in size to the corolla, check the Mazda 3. I was stunned how nice the driving position is/feels even in the base model.

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
i think the rsx is a pretty cool car, id only get the type-s manual one. some low points i think about the car is that its too big, it curves too much on the top

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
I love the rsx but I find the S overpriced, specially if you consider its quality compared to the other cars in its class. The difference between the base model and the top of the line is ridiculous. I would consider buying a second hand RSX but wouldn't pay for a brand new one, but thats just my opinion.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Buying a car is too much like buying a computer...obsolete in a year...haha
:mad: :hammer:

Most modern cars are too dependent on their electronics, something goes bit off adjustment, the whole car starts acting crazy.

·
Formula One Fanatic
299 Posts
my buddy test drove a type s and said he did 115 on the highway in 4th gear. :eek: plus i-vtec is amazing, so i'd say go for it. it's supposed to be an acura, so how bad can it be, right.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
It's been almost 4 years now, but I thought my '93 rolla suspension was jsut as boat like as this '93 ES 300/Camry's is. Really man... It's a boat. ;)
02RSX90camry show's you how people are different I guess. ;)

RSX's are nice. I had (and still drive on occation) an '87 1.5L civic hatchback. Good suspension. Obviously copairing a company/car from '87 to '04 is very irrelevant so...

I say go for it if that's what you want.

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bgrieger said:
For something in 4 doors...more similar in size to the corolla, check the Mazda 3. I was stunned how nice the driving position is/feels even in the base model.
The Mazda3 is nice on the inside..but I can't get over the outside styling...it doesn't flow properly...just something about it that bugs me...maybe because it looks like a squished up RX8? Same reason I don't really like Audi's TT...it looks like a squashed Beetle to me! :lol:

CamNub said:
Dude, its a honda.......... Who wants it?

What is the price range for this thing?
Well, obviously, I want it since I'm asking... and it's $33,000 MSRP for the Type S.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
:lol: The TT IS a squished beetle Turbo. IIRC, uses the same subframe structures though different engine management setup for the bigger power.

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CamNub said:
^Thats around like a g35 or a WRX. I'd take those if it were me.
:lol: that's 33,000 CDN bux! but even if it were US, if I were to go for a G35 or WRX, i'd probably go for a 350Z Trackpack or the STi.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
well my brther has a prelude and its a good car.....i think is better than the rsx....i belive that the rsx has i tec no vtec......try looking for a used prelude ....try www.hondaprelude.to.....theres always a prelude up foor sale there

1 - 20 of 31 Posts