Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hey There...
05' Prerunner Taco
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was just wondering what you guys opinions are on the American Racing Mojave Teflon wheels and what they would look like on a Super White Access Cab Prerunner. It would be much appreciated if someone could photochop it. I plan to pair these with a set of 265/75r16 BFG ATs.

Thanks,
Pat

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
How about posting up a pic so everybody doesn't have to search for them and post it up for you?
As far as American Racing wheels are concerned, I hate them. I made the mistake of buying them in 1991 and had nothing but problems with them. Coatings, balancing, etc..... Then they didn't seem to eager to stand by their warranty.

I thought it was a one time deal... I bought another set in 1996, and had the EXACT same problem..

But back then I didn't want to spend as much money.... So instead I bought American Racing wheels and completely WASTED the money I DID spend.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
I like the style, but it appears to be a direct knock-off of a Weld wheels design.

As far as the finish is concerned, I think it LOOKS neat, but again, they don't have a real good reputation with me in regard to being able to keep the finish ON the wheel. Both sets I had, (one clear over polished aluminum, one set powdercoat over steel), chipped and flaked within the first year under less than normal use.

·
Self Proclaimed Genius
762 Posts
Yep, they're teflon coated. Real handy if you decide to take one off and do some fry cooking out on the road/trail. :lol:

I was actually considering those for my truck until I found out what they cost. The chambers are a good looking wheel too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.