Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around for shocks and springs and ran into two brands. One im already familiar with (Tokico) and another I have never heard anyone that I know use (Dropzone).

I found four new shocks with springs for 300 with a lifetime warranty. I just want to know if anyone has had any experience with them. Im looking for a nice ride no bouncing like most honda guys with cut springs.

Ive heard nothing but good about tokico but they dont have a lifetime warranty on them. Well thanks ahead.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
I have been looking around for shocks and springs and ran into two brands. One im already familiar with (Tokico) and another I have never heard anyone that I know use (Dropzone).

I found four new shocks with springs for 300 with a lifetime warranty. I just want to know if anyone has had any experience with them. Im looking for a nice ride no bouncing like most honda guys with cut springs.

Ive heard nothing but good about tokico but they dont have a lifetime warranty on them. Well thanks ahead.
As far as I know, all Tokico performance shocks have a lifetime warranty, as long as you keep the original purchase receipt. I'd definitely go for those as opposed to the Dropzone shocks. KYB GR2's are also worth looking at.

I don't usually post links to other forums, but this thread should come in useful to you:

http://trdforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32446

·
Registered
1994 Corolla DX
1,121 Posts
I recently put on Tokico blues with H&R springs. Springs need to settle but other than that, rides like a bimmer. Smooth and firm. Oh yeah, also have Whiteline rear sway bar. Car rides like on rails and it corners flat.

·
Registered
93 toyota corolla
635 Posts
ive never used Dropzone shocks but i have used Dropzone springs along with KYB GR2 shocks ther not so bad altho ive read they start to lose ther performance and strength around 2 years. am currently on TOKICO HP shocks and H&R springs on my current ride the ride is nice when cruising and gaves you confidence goin around corners with speed my ride hight is a 1.5 drop but am looking into using TEIN 2" drop springs for a meaner stance and see how they perform along with the TOKICO HP shocks.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
I'd recommend Monroe GT Reflex shocks if you can get them over there. I've got them in my Corolla and they're excellent. I'm using Jamex springs with them, which gives it about a 2" drop from the factory height.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright ill look into it
i have came across some monroe shocks but not sure if they are the GT Reflex

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,942 Posts
Running Tokico blues and the discontinued Eibach Pro-Kit springs, car sits ~1.5" lower and the ride's informative but not rough, very quick to damp, even on 17s.

Dropzone is what the Honda kids use when they don't have the mechanical inclination to take a sawzall to their existing springs and less than $100 to spend on their car...just don't go that route unless nothing else is available or you know what you're getting into.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts