Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to install a red top in my 16 and it is quite a bit shorter than the factory battery, causing the tie down to not hold. I’ve looked and can’t find a height adapter for the 35 series, do I need to get a different series?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,601 Posts
Went to install a red top in my 16 and it is quite a bit shorter than the factory battery, causing the tie down to not hold. I’ve looked and can’t find a height adapter for the 35 series, do I need to get a different series?
The battery didn't come with the spacer plate? You could always just get a better looking aluminum universal battery hold down on Amazon or eBay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why did you decide on an Optima Red top? You can get a standard group size battery that will last 6-9 years for a Corolla for under $65.00.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,601 Posts
The other option is to use an Optima mounting plate like I did when I moved my battery to the trunk.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla
175 Posts
Why did you decide on an Optima Red top? You can get a standard group size battery that will last 6-9 years for a Corolla for under $65.00.
Because people fall for marketing hype rather than make a rational decision when purchasing...

Plus, the red top Optima's aren't what you want. Get the yellow ones due to a bigger capacity = longer lifespan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Because people fall for marketing hype rather than make a rational decision when purchasing...

Plus, the red top Optima's aren't what you want. Get the yellow ones due to a bigger capacity = longer lifespan
Exactly....snake oils in battery form....LOL..

·
Registered
356 Posts

But the red looks so much better than black or yellow. Its all about the looks.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,601 Posts
The damn thing is under the hood...
Who cares about look's? We aren't in middle school anymore
Now this makes me laugh. Most of the things that people do their Corollas are about looks alone. It doesn't matter that it's under the hood. The way the engine pops when you open the hood is important to most car people. I know that I'm all about my engine looking clean and sharp at all times with the cleanliness of it and the accessories that I use.

The reason that I bought an Optima was that when I moved it to the trunk I didn't want to deal with a battery box and need to vent it. With the Optima I didn't need to hassle with it. The other reason that Optima had a slick way to mount it. I can't take my money with me when I die so I might as well enjoy it while I'm living!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts