Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
edud NT laiciffO
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to purchase an Optima YellowTop being that everyone is recommending them. But I came across a brand new Stinger SP1000 for $125 (I was there when it was purchased and my brother bought the SP1700 and letting this one go). Should I go for that rather than the YellowTop?

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Assuming you're talking about a Yellow top...It allows you to play your stereo (or other electrical devices) while the car is off for extended periods of time. It's also much more tolerant of being discharged. Moreso than a non deep cycling battery. Another benefit is that it's sealed and can be mounted virtually anywhere.

More info on their site: http://www.optimabatteries.com

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
i'd say it's worth it for the yellowtop. paid $140 for it new at auto zone about 2 months ago. i swear i can hear a difference in the bass. i feel it can hit more towards the way it should then with a standard battery.

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
i'd say it's worth it for the yellowtop. paid $140 for it new at auto zone about 2 months ago. i swear i can hear a difference in the bass. i feel it can hit more towards the way it should then with a standard battery.
Do your headlights still dim at night? That's the problem I want to solve, hopefully with a yellow top soon.....

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
The Wolf said:
Do your headlights still dim at night? That's the problem I want to solve, hopefully with a yellow top soon.....
My system isn't that crazy so it doesn't dim the headlights...didn't with a regular battery. But now the lights on the face don't dim anymore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
:thumbup: go with a second battery! run an isolater switch that way you have two charging at the same time and while your sitting say in a show switch it over to ur secondary battery. might want to invest in a higher output alternator?:cool:

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
If your going to play your system alot, I mean alot when the car is off then go with a yellow top, otherwise get the stinger. doesn't sound like your running alot of power, do the big 3 first, you probably wont even need to upgrade your battery

1 - 11 of 11 Posts