Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 825 Posts

·
+++++ J Runner +++++
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love my '07 Taco but I treasure my eyes alot more, so, following instruction from the sticky from CT on how to remove the gauge:
http://customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=225

I began my obsession to have a better viewing when I'm driving:

You see how hard it is to read characters in f'in amber?

There were 10 LED's total that I replaced. (should be 11 really).

Now I can Ride In Peace :smokin:

Additional image:

addition 3/1/07: somebody's come up with blue gauges here
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1660881&postcount=128

I'M READY! PM ME :cool:

If you're gonna mail it in, pack it right and track it, cause I'm gonna use the same packaging to ship it back.

·
What is this!?
06 Double Cab Tacoma
821 Posts
OMG someone actually did it! You are now my second favorite person after PB :) can you do mine? i'll do your headlights =)

·
Why Chu Gotta Be A Douche
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
Damn, I'd pay for that to be done. I hate the amber color of the gagues. That's one of the gripes I have with this truck but was willing to live with it. I always wondered about the color of the gagues and if they could be changed somehow. Now I have my answer and will definatly keep track of this one.

·
One Team-One Mission
06 Tacoma TRD Sport
178 Posts
:yikes: Out fuck'ng standing. One of the best mods I've seen so far. I always knew it can be done, but I don't have the time & patience to do it. Keep up the good work!!! :thumbsup: I'd love to see it in person. ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sticky this Thread!!!

Awesome job man.. i used to do all sorts of Honda's here in Ontario but i didnt feel like touching my tacoma being so new etc... but now.... hrm....

once again awesome job!

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Holy crap! Someone estimated about 20 LEDs to change, so there's really only 10 =). So did you solder them or what? I want blue =) And you couldn't change the needles' color?

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey i think Im willing to try it out in a lil bit, but do you have a link to the LED's you used? Also are they 12volt led's? great install :thumbup:

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
brilliant job jotaro, well done. i however like the orange guages, but that looks good too.

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma
337 Posts
whoa flippin' sweeeeeeeeeet
mos def a sticky

·
Registered
01 & 04 S-Runners
567 Posts
Congratulations, Jotaro! ...

We've known how it would have to be done for a long time, and now finally someone's dug into it and got it done.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wow, this is a tempting mod for me to do. Do you happen to have any spec on the different color led that we could use?

Nice write up btw! :clap:

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
OK, I'm in.
But where did you get the LEDs? What size/type LEDS?

1 - 20 of 825 Posts