Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been thinking of getting the flash tune from Orange virus but I can't seem to find anyone who has tried it and gave a review yet. If you tried this tune before I would love to hear about it and know how it turned out. ?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,243 Posts
I've thought of this too for my 2017 Corolla iM with the 2ZR-FAE. I emailed them asking if the dyno chart they showed for it was stock or with an exhaust and intake. If stock, how much more HP and TQ could I expect with n exhaust and intake? I got an automated reply but nothing answering my question yet. If I could turn my 138 OEM HP into 170 with the tune, intake and exhaust I'd be thrilled.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
7,254 Posts
I've thought of this too for my 2017 Corolla iM with the 2ZR-FAE. I emailed them asking if the dyno chart they showed for it was stock or with an exhaust and intake. If stock, how much more HP and TQ could I expect with n exhaust and intake? I got an automated reply but nothing answering my question yet. If I could turn my 138 OEM HP into 170 with the tune, intake and exhaust I'd be thrilled.
I got a feeling that Facebook Messenger might be better. At least that is how I contacted R9K Tuned. I got my tune but I didn't make much power but then again I was not expecting much with what I got. I am also not well-versed enough in ECU tuning. Add 10% to the power figures for inconsistencies in the dyno and transmission of the car.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,243 Posts
I got a feeling that Facebook Messenger might be better. At least that is how I contacted R9K Tuned. I got my tune but I didn't make much power but then again I was not expecting much with what I got. I am also not well-versed enough in ECU tuning. Add 10% to the power figures for inconsistencies in the dyno and transmission of the car.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,243 Posts
Thanks, I'll try that way too. Your dyno looks like it did basically nothing.

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
919 Posts
I been thinking of getting the flash tune from Orange virus but I can't seem to find anyone who has tried it and gave a review yet. If you tried this tune before I would love to hear about it and know how it turned out. ?
Communication with them was awful, I was without my car for one whole week, not a big deal I have other vehicles, I was the first one to do it if I'm not mistaken, definitely I can see a difference mine is an automatic, higher revs and power, I still have to do dyno to compare and show results, hopefully communication is better form 5 years ago.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
My thoughts, charts, and videos are here.

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
919 Posts
How much power do you want???, swipe the engine for a Hellcat :LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Communication with them was awful, I was without my car for one whole week, not a big deal I have other vehicles, I was the first one to do it if I'm not mistaken, definitely I can see a difference mine is an automatic, higher revs and power, I still have to do dyno to compare and show results, hopefully communication is better form 5 years ago.
Notice any changes in fuel economy at all and do you find the power difference is all around the board or in high or low gears? Thanks for the reply

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,243 Posts
How much power do you want???, swipe the engine for a Hellcat :LOL::LOL::LOL:
That would just throw off the balance of my Corolla iM and MPG would suck. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I've got my Corolla S Turbo and Supercharged MR2 for when I want more power. :D

·
straight cash homie
19,942 Posts
In case no one knew, OVT has formally said they have stopped developing tunes for Delphi-equipped Corollas. Check out their Facebook for more.
Its too bad...seems like only Hot Boi Corolla owners were pissing him off wanting tunes but not wanting to pay (Truth is Corolla owners are cheap). But either way, it was too much time for OVT to do so when Tacomas are much more profitable and more likely, the ECU was way easier to work on. But this isn't surprising, that's just how the Corolla is. If owners want pops and bang, they should just buy another car.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,243 Posts
In case no one knew, OVT has formally said they have stopped developing tunes for Delphi-equipped Corollas. Check out their Facebook for more.
This is bad news. We claw and scratch our way for people to help out use as Corolla owners and some people ruin it for us all. I was hoping to get my ECU done for the turbo kit through them. They had been working with Jesse at Turbokits at one time to get this done.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
This is bad news. We claw and scratch our way for people to help out use as Corolla owners and some people ruin it for us all. I was hoping to get my ECU done for the turbo kit through them. They had been working with Jesse at Turbokits at one time to get this done.
They got tired of people "harassing" them so to speak.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is sad to hear. I was planning on purchasing it this summer and had a few upgrades planned out. I wonder if their is any alternatives out there.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
This is sad to hear. I was planning on purchasing it this summer and had a few upgrades planned out. I wonder if their is any alternatives out there.
R9K Tuned might be an option. Otherwise you would probably just have to find a tuning shop willing to do it.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
7,425 Posts
Most tuners that are local to me can't crack the Denso ecus. So if this is true of Delphi, it's likely going to be the same as OVT.

Might need to run a piggy back instead of a standalone. Which r9k does offer as a solution. I suspect that r9k could only get to certain parts of the ECU and hence the use of a piggy back to control other functions.

@SuperchargedMR2 could lead you in this direction. I believe he's using a piggy back AEM4 ECU. You could also look into a Greddy ultimate, but these aren't as readily available.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,243 Posts
Most tuners that are local to me can't crack the Denso ecus. So if this is true of Delphi, it's likely going to be the same as OVT.

Might need to run a piggy back instead of a standalone. Which r9k does offer as a solution. I suspect that r9k could only get to certain parts of the ECU and hence the use of a piggy back to control other functions.

@SuperchargedMR2 could lead you in this direction. I believe he's using a piggy back AEM4 ECU. You could also look into a Greddy ultimate, but these aren't as readily available.
My piggyback AEM FIC has worked flawlessly for 3 years now. I was just hoping that this would be a better long term solution. Jesse at Turbokits told me if it's running great with no issues that I should just stand pat as it wouldn't be worth the time, hassle or money. I was supposed to be the first person to get the ECU tuned through OVT until they found out that I had a Delphi. If I had a Denso it would have been tuned that way from the outset. Matt at OVT hadn't even started working on the Delphi at that time.

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
919 Posts
I was supposed to be the first person to get the ECU tuned through OVT until they found out that I had a Delphi. If I had a Denso it would have been tuned that way from the outset. Matt at OVT hadn't even started working on the Delphi at that time.
Well my friend, I had my ECU tuned by OVT back in 2016, as of today is working great with no issues, the only problem that I had was communication with Matt, my car was out for almost 3 weeks, he didn't reply my emails or my facebook post during sometime other than that I can't complained, I couldn't agree more with "got-rice" 97% of Corolla owners are cheap as hell, they don't even spend money buying a good TRD oil filter like I do ?.

That's the reason you can have more aftermarket stuff for Civics than Corollas, so sad long time ago we were pushing for the supercharger but that didn't fly, the Turbo kit is the only upgrade for the engine right now and I don't know for how long they will sell it if there's not enough demand.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts