Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,243 Posts
Well my friend, I had my ECU tuned by OVT back in 2016, as of today is working great with no issues, the only problem that I had was communication with Matt, my car was out for almost 3 weeks, he didn't reply my emails or my facebook post during sometime other than that I can't complained, I couldn't agree more with "got-rice" 97% of Corolla owners are cheap as hell, they don't even spend money buying a good TRD oil filter like I do ?.

That's the reason you can have more aftermarket stuff for Civics than Corollas, so sad long time ago we were pushing for the supercharger but that didn't fly, the Turbo kit is the only upgrade for the engine right now and I don't know for how long they will sell it if there's not enough demand.
As I said I was supposed to be the first person that Matt had done the tune for with the turbo kit from Turbokits. We were all set to go because they had already been able to work their magic on the Denso ECU. They thought that is what I also had until they had me confirm it, only to find out that I had the Delphi ECU which they hadn't started working on yet. If I had a Denso ECU I would have been set. I've never doubted that what they do would be top notch as your experience showed. I had the same communication issue though trying to get updates from Matt on the progress of the Delphi ECU. I heard of updates in other ways more than from Matt or OVT.

·
straight cash homie
19,942 Posts
That's the reason you can have more aftermarket stuff for Civics than Corollas, so sad long time ago we were pushing for the supercharger but that didn't fly, the Turbo kit is the only upgrade for the engine right now and I don't know for how long they will sell it if there's not enough demand.
How many folks are rushing to buy almost 5-10 year old Corollas to boost? The TK guys are better off making a kit for the 12th gen guys...after all, its suspension is much improved and it surely looks better stylistically than both 10th and 11th Gens.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
7,425 Posts
Be the first in line

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,243 Posts
How many folks are rushing to buy almost 5-10 year old Corollas to boost? The TK guys are better off making a kit for the 12th gen guys...after all, its suspension is much improved and it surely looks better stylistically than both 10th and 11th Gens.
I do love the 12th Gen Corolla sedan. I'm not as sold on the front grill design but it's a great looking car. I like the looks of the 11th Gen Corolla iM more than the 12th Gen Corolla HB. I still love the lines of my 10th Gen Corolla S. My heart still races when I see pics of it. I think the lines are beautiful and the stance is perfect the way I have it set up. To each their own though. If we all like the same car it would be a boring place indeed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As I said I was supposed to be the first person that Matt had done the tune for with the turbo kit from Turbokits. We were all set to go because they had already been able to work their magic on the Denso ECU. They thought that is what I also had until they had me confirm it, only to find out that I had the Delphi ECU which they hadn't started working on yet. If I had a Denso ECU I would have been set. I've never doubted that what they do would be top notch as your experience showed. I had the same communication issue though trying to get updates from Matt on the progress of the Delphi ECU. I heard of updates in other ways more than from Matt or OVT.
I’m giving up on the OV tune. I’ve tried to communicate with them several times on a couple different platforms and get no response. Top that with similar reports here and I’m done wasting my time wit them.
With a service product like they provide, communication and customer support is paramount, in my mind.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,243 Posts
I’m giving up on the OV tune. I’ve tried to communicate with them several times on a couple different platforms and get no response. Top that with similar reports here and I’m done wasting my time wit them.
With a service product like they provide, communication and customer support is paramount, in my mind.
It has been frustrating for me too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It has been frustrating for me too.
I’ll bet. It’s been a much longer journey for you. Mine was just a short one, piggy backed off yours primarily. Can you give me the name of your tuner in Vancouver? I ran across him on one of these threads once. Someone was talking about your car and might have posted a pic, and he realized it was yours and that he tuned it. I didn’t bookmark the post though.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,243 Posts
I’ll bet. It’s been a much longer journey for you. Mine was just a short one, piggy backed off yours primarily. Can you give me the name of your tuner in Vancouver? I ran across him on one of these threads once. Someone was talking about your car and might have posted a pic, and he realized it was yours and that he tuned it. I didn’t bookmark the post though.
How cool is that! If you find it again you'll have to show it to me. His name is Travis and he works at Fast Specialties in Vancouver, WA. I always think of him as Travis the tuner. :p He knew how to tune the AEM FIC and it has run beautifully since he worked his magic 3 years ago.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts