Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A noted psychiatrist was a guest at a National Organization for Women
gathering, and his hostess naturally broached the subject in which the
doctor was most at ease.

"Would you mind telling me, Doctor," she asked, "how you detect whether
or not an individual is mentally challenged who appears to be
completely normal?"

"Nothing is easier," he replied. "You ask him a simple question which
everyone should answer with no trouble. If he hesitates, that puts you
on the track."

"What sort of question?"

"Well, you might ask him, 'Captain Cook made three trips around the
world and died during one of them. Which one?'"

The woman thought a moment, then said with a nervous laugh, "You
wouldn't happen to have another example, would you? I must confess I
don't know much about history."
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

badgolferman wrote:
> A noted psychiatrist was a guest at a National Organization for Women
> gathering, and his hostess naturally broached the subject in which the
> doctor was most at ease.
>
> "Would you mind telling me, Doctor," she asked, "how you detect whether
> or not an individual is mentally challenged who appears to be
> completely normal?"
>
> "Nothing is easier," he replied. "You ask him a simple question which
> everyone should answer with no trouble. If he hesitates, that puts you
> on the track."
>
> "What sort of question?"
>
> "Well, you might ask him, 'Captain Cook made three trips around the
> world and died during one of them. Which one?'"
>
> The woman thought a moment, then said with a nervous laugh, "You
> wouldn't happen to have another example, would you? I must confess I
> don't know much about history."


Why "National Organization of Women"? I'd change this one to...

"A noted psychiatrist was at the Terri Schiavo protest, and ... "

or,

"A noted psychiatrist was stopped in front of the RNC headquarters by
someone who asked... "
 
G
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

So the test is to discover if the individual is a woman
There are other test measures possible who are not so challenging

It would also be interesting to know how they stored the body between
the trips or if they only took the ashes around

A doctor doing through sex change to change a man into a woman was
asked what was most difficult and answered that removing half the brain
was
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"badgolferman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>A noted psychiatrist was a guest at a National Organization for Women
> gathering, and his hostess naturally broached the subject in which the
> doctor was most at ease.


Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW

Natalie
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: [OT] captain cook -->joke<--

Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:

> Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
>
> Natalie



It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I am
bound to offend all sorts of people.

--
"The moral rot of political correctness runs deep today in both
national parties." ~ Patrick J. Buchanan
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: [OT] captain cook -->joke<--

"badgolferman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:
>
>> Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
>>
>> Natalie

>
>
> It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I am
> bound to offend all sorts of people.


I wouldn't mind that, if it were funny

;-)

Natalie
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

badgolferman wrote:
> Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:
>
> > Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
> >
> > Natalie

>
>
> It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I am
> bound to offend all sorts of people.


Ahh yes but 60 seconds of abandoning your mental laziness would have
saved you from typing this piss-poor comment.

No one said be 'politically correct', however I suggest you try and
think once in a while. How do they say... play the tape all the way
through
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

Learning Richard, 1/3/2006, 9:00:01 AM,
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
> badgolferman wrote:
> > Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:
> >
> > > Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
> > >
> > > Natalie

> >
> >
> > It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I am
> > bound to offend all sorts of people.

>
> Ahh yes but 60 seconds of abandoning your mental laziness would have
> saved you from typing this piss-poor comment.
>
> No one said be 'politically correct', however I suggest you try and
> think once in a while. How do they say... play the tape all the way
> through


Why should I think it through when I have the speech police like you
around to tell me exactly what I should be thinking and saying?
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

"badgolferman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Learning Richard, 1/3/2006, 9:00:01 AM,
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>> badgolferman wrote:
>> > Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:
>> >
>> > > Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
>> > >
>> > > Natalie
>> >
>> >
>> > It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I am
>> > bound to offend all sorts of people.

>>
>> Ahh yes but 60 seconds of abandoning your mental laziness would have
>> saved you from typing this piss-poor comment.
>>
>> No one said be 'politically correct', however I suggest you try and
>> think once in a while. How do they say... play the tape all the way
>> through

>
> Why should I think it through when I have the speech police like you
> around to tell me exactly what I should be thinking and saying?


Golfer: You should have thought through your post. Take the opportunity to
be silent.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

badgolferman wrote:
> Learning Richard, 1/3/2006, 9:00:01 AM,
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>> badgolferman wrote:
>>> Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:
>>>
>>>> Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
>>>>
>>>> Natalie
>>>
>>>
>>> It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I am
>>> bound to offend all sorts of people.

>>
>> Ahh yes but 60 seconds of abandoning your mental laziness would have
>> saved you from typing this piss-poor comment.
>>
>> No one said be 'politically correct', however I suggest you try and
>> think once in a while. How do they say... play the tape all the way
>> through

>
> Why should I think it through when I have the speech police like you
> around to tell me exactly what I should be thinking and saying?


Y'now, Badgolferman, I stole part of your joke (sorry) and posted it in
uk.rec.humour (yes we spell humor differently over here!).

I took the bit about the sex change operation, and changed the gender. (i.e.
the sex change was from female to male, and the brain bit remaind the same -
i.e. the surgeon said that reducing the brain size by half was the most
difficult part)

Interestingly I only received one reply - a positive one.

I guess some of your respondents should ask themselves why this is such an
issue for them. Would it have been O.K. if the sex change was the other way
round?

Maybe it's different in the USA? (I was there last summer - it didn't seem
so different to me!)

Take care,

John.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

The operation that describes turning one appearance from female to male is
referred to as an adadectomy. ;)


mike hunt



"Bioboffin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> badgolferman wrote:


>
> I guess some of your respondents should ask themselves why this is such an
> issue for them. Would it have been O.K. if the sex change was the other
> way round?
>
> Maybe it's different in the USA? (I was there last summer - it didn't seem
> so different to me!)
>
> Take care,
>
> John.
>
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

"Bioboffin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>badgolferman wrote:
>> Learning Richard, 1/3/2006, 9:00:01 AM,
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> badgolferman wrote:
>>>> Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
>>>>>
>>>>> Natalie
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I am
>>>> bound to offend all sorts of people.
>>>
>>> Ahh yes but 60 seconds of abandoning your mental laziness would have
>>> saved you from typing this piss-poor comment.
>>>
>>> No one said be 'politically correct', however I suggest you try and
>>> think once in a while. How do they say... play the tape all the way
>>> through

>>
>> Why should I think it through when I have the speech police like you
>> around to tell me exactly what I should be thinking and saying?

>
>Y'now, Badgolferman, I stole part of your joke (sorry) and posted it in
>uk.rec.humour (yes we spell humor differently over here!).
>
>I took the bit about the sex change operation, and changed the gender. (i.e.
>the sex change was from female to male, and the brain bit remaind the same -
>i.e. the surgeon said that reducing the brain size by half was the most
>difficult part)
>
>Interestingly I only received one reply - a positive one.
>
>I guess some of your respondents should ask themselves why this is such an
>issue for them. Would it have been O.K. if the sex change was the other way
>round?
>
>Maybe it's different in the USA? (I was there last summer - it didn't seem
>so different to me!)
>
>Take care,
>
>John.
>

What you say seems true John. I think I proved it here. My sister
in law lives with my wife and I. Both women work and are strong
spirited ladies.

I'm a bit older and am retired from Canada's Armed forces...so I
have lots of time for these little experiments. One day I told
the gals that it was silly for me to be putting the seat back
down, seeing as how 'they' required it to be down much more often
than 'I' did and they had no compunction in leaving it down after
they finished instead of raising it to accommodate 'me'.

WELL!...what a battle ensued!...do you suppose that I could
convince them that my point was well taken?, noooooo, not a
chance!. While I wasn't too serious about the discussion, I just
wanted to see if they could see the logic of it...NOT a
CHANCE!...Christ, I almost started WW3!...in the interest of
world peace (and my hide) I had to backpedal...WooHoo...

I even had the temerity to suggest that they were basing their
argument on the fact that I was outvoted 2 to 1. nope, it wasn't
that...damfino what it was actually, seems to be some insult
buried in there somewhere...perhaps some lady poster can explain
it to me?...maybe Nat?
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

badgolferman wrote:
> Learning Richard, 1/3/2006, 9:00:01 AM,
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >
> > badgolferman wrote:
> > > Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:
> > >
> > > > Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
> > > >
> > > > Natalie
> > >
> > >
> > > It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I am
> > > bound to offend all sorts of people.

> >
> > Ahh yes but 60 seconds of abandoning your mental laziness would have
> > saved you from typing this piss-poor comment.
> >
> > No one said be 'politically correct', however I suggest you try and
> > think once in a while. How do they say... play the tape all the way
> > through

>
> Why should I think it through when I have the speech police like you
> around to tell me exactly what I should be thinking and saying?


I don't have time to watch your words. You should do it yourself lest
others think you may be: rude, callous, obtuse, ignorant, etc.

Seems to me that in the end, one would exert less energy by taking 10
seconds to think before using lazy, group-biased colloquialisms (never
mind insults and slurs) than one would exert by spending three days
defending oneself and acting indignant on a newsgroup thread.

I could be wrong, but that's rare.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

Top-posting troll Mike Hunter wrote:

>The operation that describes turning one appearance from female to male is
>referred to as an adadectomy. ;)


How many brain cells have to die before top posting seems appropriate,
"Mike"?
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

Learning Richard, 1/3/2006,5:57:03 PM, wrote:

>
> badgolferman wrote:
> > Learning Richard, 1/3/2006, 9:00:01 AM,
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > badgolferman wrote:
> > > > Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
> > > > >
> > > > > Natalie
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I
> > > > am bound to offend all sorts of people.
> > >
> > > Ahh yes but 60 seconds of abandoning your mental laziness would
> > > have saved you from typing this piss-poor comment.
> > >
> > > No one said be 'politically correct', however I suggest you try
> > > and think once in a while. How do they say... play the tape all
> > > the way through

> >
> > Why should I think it through when I have the speech police like you
> > around to tell me exactly what I should be thinking and saying?

>
> I don't have time to watch your words. You should do it yourself lest
> others think you may be: rude, callous, obtuse, ignorant, etc.
>
> Seems to me that in the end, one would exert less energy by taking 10
> seconds to think before using lazy, group-biased colloquialisms (never
> mind insults and slurs) than one would exert by spending three days
> defending oneself and acting indignant on a newsgroup thread.
>
> I could be wrong, but that's rare.


You are right on most of your points; perhaps you will heed your own
words also.

--
Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the
very same reason.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

badgolferman wrote:
> Learning Richard, 1/3/2006,5:57:03 PM, wrote:
>
> >
> > badgolferman wrote:
> > > Learning Richard, 1/3/2006, 9:00:01 AM,
> > > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > >
> > > > badgolferman wrote:
> > > > > Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Natalie
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I
> > > > > am bound to offend all sorts of people.
> > > >
> > > > Ahh yes but 60 seconds of abandoning your mental laziness would
> > > > have saved you from typing this piss-poor comment.
> > > >
> > > > No one said be 'politically correct', however I suggest you try
> > > > and think once in a while. How do they say... play the tape all
> > > > the way through
> > >
> > > Why should I think it through when I have the speech police like you
> > > around to tell me exactly what I should be thinking and saying?

> >
> > I don't have time to watch your words. You should do it yourself lest
> > others think you may be: rude, callous, obtuse, ignorant, etc.
> >
> > Seems to me that in the end, one would exert less energy by taking 10
> > seconds to think before using lazy, group-biased colloquialisms (never
> > mind insults and slurs) than one would exert by spending three days
> > defending oneself and acting indignant on a newsgroup thread.
> >
> > I could be wrong, but that's rare.

>
> You are right on most of your points; perhaps you will heed your own
> words also.
>


In effect, it takes me more energy to type 'politically correct' than
it does to choose alternative words from my blessedly huge vocabulary.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: captain cook -->joke<--

"Gord Beaman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Bioboffin" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>badgolferman wrote:
>>> Learning Richard, 1/3/2006, 9:00:01 AM,
>>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> badgolferman wrote:
>>>>> Wickeddoll®, 1/2/2006,1:42:37 PM, wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Pretty sexist, dude - and I don't even like NOW
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Natalie
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> It might be, but since I am not the politically correct type, I am
>>>>> bound to offend all sorts of people.
>>>>
>>>> Ahh yes but 60 seconds of abandoning your mental laziness would have
>>>> saved you from typing this piss-poor comment.
>>>>
>>>> No one said be 'politically correct', however I suggest you try and
>>>> think once in a while. How do they say... play the tape all the way
>>>> through
>>>
>>> Why should I think it through when I have the speech police like you
>>> around to tell me exactly what I should be thinking and saying?

>>
>>Y'now, Badgolferman, I stole part of your joke (sorry) and posted it in
>>uk.rec.humour (yes we spell humor differently over here!).
>>
>>I took the bit about the sex change operation, and changed the gender.
>>(i.e.
>>the sex change was from female to male, and the brain bit remaind the
>>same -
>>i.e. the surgeon said that reducing the brain size by half was the most
>>difficult part)
>>
>>Interestingly I only received one reply - a positive one.
>>
>>I guess some of your respondents should ask themselves why this is such an
>>issue for them. Would it have been O.K. if the sex change was the other
>>way
>>round?
>>
>>Maybe it's different in the USA? (I was there last summer - it didn't seem
>>so different to me!)
>>
>>Take care,
>>
>>John.
>>

> What you say seems true John. I think I proved it here. My sister
> in law lives with my wife and I. Both women work and are strong
> spirited ladies.
>
> I'm a bit older and am retired from Canada's Armed forces...so I
> have lots of time for these little experiments. One day I told
> the gals that it was silly for me to be putting the seat back
> down, seeing as how 'they' required it to be down much more often
> than 'I' did and they had no compunction in leaving it down after
> they finished instead of raising it to accommodate 'me'.
>
> WELL!...what a battle ensued!...do you suppose that I could
> convince them that my point was well taken?, noooooo, not a
> chance!. While I wasn't too serious about the discussion, I just
> wanted to see if they could see the logic of it...NOT a
> CHANCE!...Christ, I almost started WW3!...in the interest of
> world peace (and my hide) I had to backpedal...WooHoo...
>
> I even had the temerity to suggest that they were basing their
> argument on the fact that I was outvoted 2 to 1. nope, it wasn't
> that...damfino what it was actually, seems to be some insult
> buried in there somewhere...perhaps some lady poster can explain
> it to me?...maybe Nat?
> --
>
> -Gord.


LOL Sorry, Gord, can't back you there - for one simple reason: The seat's
natural position is *down* - even *you* have to sit some time...at least I
*hope* you do.

YUCK

hehehe

Having said that, I good-naturedly gripe at my hubby about that, but it
really doesn't bother me that much.

Natalie
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top