Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In all fairness to John Edwards, was his inability to carry his own state a
problem with him or with his running mate? Given the fact he was a VP
candidate, I'm putting my money on his problems being tied to his running
mate.




"BigJim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> hell he didn't even carry his state in the last election.
> "Learning Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Two Americas, one candidate
>>

>
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Learning Richard, 12/27/2006, 7:31:21 PM,
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Two Americas, one candidate


What does "Two Americas" mean? North and South America? Last I knew
we were one country, United States of America. And President George W.
Bush was everyone's president, including you and JoeSpareBedroom's.

John Edwards will be a favorite of the ABA since he successfully sued
the pants off insurance companies and made his fortune through
malpractice cases. He has been completely ineffectual in the Senate
and has accomplished basically nothing. The only thing he has going
for him is his looks and I'll bet he is counting on the woman vote to
be his push over the top.

--
“Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.” ~
Frank Dane
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You wrote:

> Two Americas, one candidate


Two years since he held office, one term in office. IOW, the Democrats'
Dan Quayle. Except Quayle had A LOT MORE experience. And Quayle didn't
setup his multi-million-dollar ambulance-chasing law practice to skirt
Socialist Insecurity taxes.

OTOH, Edwards *would* be our first female president.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In article <[email protected]>,
Alotta Fagina <[email protected]> wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> > Two Americas, one candidate

>
> Two years since he held office, one term in office. IOW, the Democrats'
> Dan Quayle. Except Quayle had A LOT MORE experience. And Quayle didn't
> setup his multi-million-dollar ambulance-chasing law practice to skirt
> Socialist Insecurity taxes.
>
> OTOH, Edwards *would* be our first female president.


Well, I would much rather, if I had to choose (The mighty lord help us)
between Edwards and hillary, I'd choose Mighty Mouse for president.
Let us hope it does not come down to this.
--
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In article <[email protected]>,
"badgolferman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Learning Richard, 12/27/2006, 7:31:21 PM,
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Two Americas, one candidate

>
> What does "Two Americas" mean? North and South America? Last I knew
> we were one country, United States of America. And President George W.
> Bush was everyone's president, including you and JoeSpareBedroom's.
>
> John Edwards will be a favorite of the ABA since he successfully sued
> the pants off insurance companies and made his fortune through
> malpractice cases. He has been completely ineffectual in the Senate
> and has accomplished basically nothing. The only thing he has going
> for him is his looks and I'll bet he is counting on the woman vote to
> be his push over the top.


I'm sick of him already. They got a John Wayne pose of him on MSNBC.
The women will go ga-ga over him. He announced his run from the ruins
of the hurriecaine in N.O. Starting out with a cheap shot.
--
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Richard, why don't you make a New Year resolution to stop shouting
when you paste a new subject? Nobody really cares what you have to say
whether it's in caps or not, LOL.



Learning Richard wrote:
> Two Americas, one candidate
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You wrote:

> He announced his run from the ruins
> of the hurriecaine in N.O. Starting out with a cheap shot.


Chicago recovered from its fire, San Francisco from its earthquake, and
Galveston from its flood, all without massive federal "help". The fact
that New Orleanians re-elected William "freezer" Jefferson tells you all
you need to know about their intelligence and initiative.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
" dbu," <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "badgolferman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Learning Richard, 12/27/2006, 7:31:21 PM,
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > Two Americas, one candidate

>>
>> What does "Two Americas" mean? North and South America? Last I knew
>> we were one country, United States of America. And President George W.
>> Bush was everyone's president, including you and JoeSpareBedroom's.
>>
>> John Edwards will be a favorite of the ABA since he successfully sued
>> the pants off insurance companies and made his fortune through
>> malpractice cases. He has been completely ineffectual in the Senate
>> and has accomplished basically nothing. The only thing he has going
>> for him is his looks and I'll bet he is counting on the woman vote to
>> be his push over the top.

>
> I'm sick of him already. They got a John Wayne pose of him on MSNBC.
> The women will go ga-ga over him. He announced his run from the ruins
> of the hurriecaine in N.O. Starting out with a cheap shot.
> --
>


Cheap shot? Your president dresses up as a pilot, lands on an aircraft
carrier and declares "mission accomplished" before the bodies start piling
up, and you don't think THAT is a cheap shot?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You wrote:

>> I'm sick of him already. They got a John Wayne pose of him on MSNBC.
>> The women will go ga-ga over him. He announced his run from the ruins
>> of the hurriecaine in N.O. Starting out with a cheap shot.
>> --
>>

>
> Cheap shot? Your president dresses up as a pilot, lands on an aircraft
> carrier and declares "mission accomplished" before the bodies start
> piling up, and you don't think THAT is a cheap shot?


I've always voted for the opponents of both Edwards and GW Bush, but I fail
to see how the action of one validates the action of another.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Learning Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>
>> He has been completely ineffectual in the Senate
>> and has accomplished basically nothing.

>
> Prove it.
>


Although the senate voting records are easily found on the web, you will be
long dead and buried before golf boy will ever find that information. He
won't even try.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Alotta Fagina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> You wrote:
>
>>> I'm sick of him already. They got a John Wayne pose of him on MSNBC.
>>> The women will go ga-ga over him. He announced his run from the ruins
>>> of the hurriecaine in N.O. Starting out with a cheap shot.
>>> --
>>>

>>
>> Cheap shot? Your president dresses up as a pilot, lands on an aircraft
>> carrier and declares "mission accomplished" before the bodies start
>> piling up, and you don't think THAT is a cheap shot?

>
> I've always voted for the opponents of both Edwards and GW Bush, but I
> fail
> to see how the action of one validates the action of another.



Damned if I know. dbu thinks the appearance of one politician at the scene
of a disaster is a cheap shot. He's pretending not to remember how many
others have done the same thing.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You wrote:

> "Alotta Fagina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> You wrote:
>>
>>>> I'm sick of him already. They got a John Wayne pose of him on
>>>> MSNBC. The women will go ga-ga over him. He announced his run from
>>>> the ruins of the hurriecaine in N.O. Starting out with a cheap
>>>> shot. --
>>>>
>>>
>>> Cheap shot? Your president dresses up as a pilot, lands on an
>>> aircraft carrier and declares "mission accomplished" before the
>>> bodies start piling up, and you don't think THAT is a cheap shot?

>>
>> I've always voted for the opponents of both Edwards and GW Bush, but I
>> fail
>> to see how the action of one validates the action of another.

>
>
> Damned if I know. dbu thinks the appearance of one politician at the
> scene of a disaster is a cheap shot. He's pretending not to remember
> how many others have done the same thing.


No he's not. If I say "Barry Bonds is a baseball player" I'm not
"pretending not to remember how many others" are baseball players as well.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In article <[email protected]>,
"JoeSpareBedroom" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Learning Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> >
> >> He has been completely ineffectual in the Senate
> >> and has accomplished basically nothing.

> >
> > Prove it.
> >

>
> Although the senate voting records are easily found on the web, you will be
> long dead and buried before golf boy will ever find that information. He
> won't even try.


Edwards is an opportunist.
--
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JoeSpareBedroom, 12/28/2006,3:42:28 PM, wrote:

> "Learning Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> >
> > > He has been completely ineffectual in the Senate
> > > and has accomplished basically nothing.

> >
> > Prove it.
> >

>
> Although the senate voting records are easily found on the web, you
> will be long dead and buried before golf boy will ever find that
> information. He won't even try.


I would never have made the statement if I hadn't investigated my
claim. It's not my job to do others' research for them, especially
when they are just going to take my points and counterpoint them. You
are notorious for that tactic yourself, barely ever offering any
constructive dialogue, just disagreeing with something someone else
says.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"Alotta Fagina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> You wrote:
>
>> "Alotta Fagina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> You wrote:
>>>
>>>>> I'm sick of him already. They got a John Wayne pose of him on
>>>>> MSNBC. The women will go ga-ga over him. He announced his run from
>>>>> the ruins of the hurriecaine in N.O. Starting out with a cheap
>>>>> shot. --
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Cheap shot? Your president dresses up as a pilot, lands on an
>>>> aircraft carrier and declares "mission accomplished" before the
>>>> bodies start piling up, and you don't think THAT is a cheap shot?
>>>
>>> I've always voted for the opponents of both Edwards and GW Bush, but I
>>> fail
>>> to see how the action of one validates the action of another.

>>
>>
>> Damned if I know. dbu thinks the appearance of one politician at the
>> scene of a disaster is a cheap shot. He's pretending not to remember
>> how many others have done the same thing.

>
> No he's not. If I say "Barry Bonds is a baseball player" I'm not
> "pretending not to remember how many others" are baseball players as well.


I think you are not as familiar as you could be with dbu's routine.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Little Richard AKA dick is he the same John Edwards who could not help the
brilliant John Kerry beat that bumbling fool George Bush in the last
election? :)

mike



"Little Richard AKA dick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Two Americas, one candidate
>
 
1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top