Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
rookie
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a tach that reads to 8000 rpm ! BAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!! ZOMG!!!!! !!1BBQFTW!
I had a good laugh tonight noticing that and imagining what the veezy would think about using the whole tach someday.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Heh, I'll have to record my engine someday....
I've no doubt it'll hit 8k and a *few*....but my redline is set (by me) to 7200.

Don't try that at home kids....I have stainless valves, custom valve springs/retainers/locks and nice cams.
I've tried in the past but have never managed to float a valve yet.

·
Languishing in Virginia
1994 XtraCab 4x4 P/U
2,026 Posts
:bowdown: PB, I'd love to see video of your truck smokin' the tires...:banger:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Yeah. I have a feeling a stock 3vz + 8000 rpm = POOF! However, I'm not a mathamagician, I just play one on TV. :lol:

·
Supafly
1991 toyota pickup
4,401 Posts
Mine goes up to 8, I have taken it to 6,500 before, I almost crapped my pants.

With the new exhaust the truck likes to get up to 4,500 very easily with stock gears and 32" meats.

also having trouble smoking the tire... yes tire in 1st and 2nd gear. but yet... its still a slow poke off the line:clap:

·
Registered
1992 xtra cab 4x4
356 Posts
if you hit the 8k mark, it actually ends up traveling in time..... no flux capacitor necessary.

·
One with the farce
2,886 Posts
shoes1382006 said:
hopefully ill get up there once i buy my new cams!
heh, heh, okay...

if you hit the 8k mark, it actually ends up traveling in time..... no flux capacitor necessary.
So 8K must be 88 mph in 2nd gear, right? At that point Mr.Fusion kicks in.......

·
0 to 60 in 2.4 miles
1994 Toyota Pickup
536 Posts
Take a camera along :D I want to be there when you start seeing rods being shot through your hood. Man just do an SBS and get over the 3slow! If I were subliminal I'd be pissed, you're moving in on the official turd polisher title fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts