Toyota Nation Forum banner

Overhead DVD wiring harness

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  scogginisland 
#1 ·
I am buying a 2017 Highlander Limited and wanted the Blu-Ray DVD option but it is extremely difficult to locate one in the configuration that you want with the DVD player installed . I am told that it is a factory install only ; SE Toyota port does not install it ;they have a non-Blu Ray unit that they do install made by Advent that sells for 999.00 ;the Blu-Ray OEM sells for 1810.00 . There must be a way to order a Highlander with the Blu-Ray installed or just buy the unit and have it installed by the dealer but I have not found it yet .
I have found a used Toyota Blu -Ray for sale that will fit the 2017 but I'm not sure about the wiring . Would the Highlander Limited be pre-wired ; I would think that it would plug into the JBL stereo in some way ? Does anyone have any experience with installing this DVD ;it is used in the Toyota Sienna (factory installed ) and perhaps others also. One would think that Toyota would like to sell as many as they could at 1810.00 but why so difficult to get one !

#2 ·
The reason why GST and SET don't offer the factory-installed entertainment system is that these independent distributors (the only two) want you to buy such options from them. I wouldn't count on the integration to be the same as factory-installed unless you are able to look at the PDF of the installation instructions.

The easiest thing for you to do would be to order a Highlander outside of the SET Region in Virginia or Tennessee. Aren't you only about an hour away from Norfolk, VA?

#3 ·
Yes ,I'm only about an hour from Norfolk and I did look at what they offered . The BluRay is only installed on two exterior colors ( both dark ) and one interior (almond ) .I could stand the exterior but not the almond ; to me that is one horrible color . Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder but that color almost turns my stomach. I do not know the reasoning for the limited installation but it is what it is !!
If I look at the incoming inventory for the southeast , I maybe can find one or two Highlanders out of a hundred with the Blu-Ray installed at the factory and that is all models so good luck finding something that you are looking for.
Thanks for the reply !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.