Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its really not that important to me...but just wondering if anyone else noticed some accuracy issues with the temp. currently 9news.com showing 18 F, Fox 31 news 16 F, Tacoma showing 23 F.

Thanks

·
Park Ranging
2006 Toyota Tacoma
213 Posts
I trust my truck's gauge more than the local news. From what I've seen it is normally a degree or two off in either direction. Like Subaruguy said though, it usually takes a minute or two of driving to get it right.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Sport 4x4
1,025 Posts
The colder it is, the more its off. Not much diff in summer. The important number, 35-36 in truck, means it about freezing. At -22 the truck is reading -11. My comparisons are based on my digital remote thermometer only 10 ft from the truck.

·
Just duct tape it!
612 Posts
mine has always been exactly what the radio guy says. Maybe just 1 degree off. But its very accurate for me :)

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ZippyTWonderdog said:
Dont forget it is normal for temperatures to vary a few degrees within a small geographic area.
I agree, but do you know how small? Cuz i was Downtown, i took two readings from 2 news stations who's buildings are also downtown. And could it be 5 to 7 degrees off in that area.

·
Registered
343 Posts
and don't forget that the temp sensor is right in front of the radiator so if you're just sitting there it's giong to warm up a bit.

·
My Other Truck
4,307 Posts
Mine has always read ~5 degrees or so warmer than actual temp, rain or shine, summer or winter, when first started or after extended driving -- measured against thermometers known to be consistently accurate. Not a big deal...

·
Registered
2006 Tacom DC 4x2
161 Posts
Mine reads 5 or 6 degrees warmer than actual temps. My lexus GS400 I use to own was within one degree of the radio station temps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts