Toyota Nation Forum banner

Override for Navi - v5.1 LOADING.KWI File

386K views 520 replies 173 participants last post by  blackcloud 
What software are you using to re-author it?

Do you first extract the 6.1 disc to a local folder on the HD, replace the load file, and use something like NERO to burn a new disc?

To to the inital extract of the 6.1 disc, do you just copy from DVD to HD or a software have to extract it?

Version 7.1 Disc?

Anyone tried this 5.1 KWI file on a 7.1 disc? I am thinking about buying the 7.1 disc and wanted to try this method.

This is for the 2007 Camry using the Gen 5 Navigation. I have the 5.1 version now and would like to purchase 7.1 version.

I have an 2008 Sequoia and just put 5.1 firmware on my 7.1 disk. It works.

I used a Memorex DVD+R DL and burned with Roxio Basic using no special settings. The key-sequence for override works and the full features become available at any speed.

Two downsides:

1. You need to override it each time you start the car.
2. You get that annoying warning message and have to hit OK - EVERY time you drive the car. This might be worse than simply giving up the ability to input

I am thinking a hardware mod is going to be worth it unless someone can hack out that warning.
Let me see if I understand the steps..

1) Have the 5.1 KWI ready
2) normal copy 7.1 disc into path let say c:\temp\
3) replace 7.1 KWI with 5.1 KWI
4) use NERO to burn a dual layer disc of all files in temp directory

I don't need to do ISO, replace file in ISO, burn ISO?

Just got my 7.1 disc a few days ago..now I just need to buy a dual layer burner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.