Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 60 of 521 Posts
Two more questions:

1) Does this work o.k. with the TCH NAV system (no display issues)?

2) After doing the DVD "upgrade", do you still have to go thru the sequence of overriding the lock EVERY TIME you turn the off/on ?

Yes - thanks Pillpusher84 for your insight and help.

Ok, I have also had problems with UDF/ISO disc creation. Here are the steps that I have done so far.

Create a backup of the original 6.1 disc using Nero. Verify that you can read backup disc by using the NAV system with it. If this works you know that you media is good. I am using Verbatium DVD+R DL 8x discs.

Next copy the original disc to a directory on your hard disk. Replace the "loading.kwi" file. User standard windows drag and drop from the DVD.

*** Nero can't write an UDF/ISO 9660 version 3 DVD (with 2gb+ files), only a verison 2 DVD. I am pretty sure that this is where most are running into problems. I just downloaded a program called "ImgBurn" this can write a UDF/ISO 9660 verion 3 DVD correctly.

Download and install ImgBurn, set mode to "Build" Select source and point it to the backup directory of the NAV disc that is on your hard disk. Tell it YES that it is the root directory for the image content.

Verify that file system under the options tab is ISO9660 + UDF, and recurse subdirs.

Add the UDF label to name the disc under the lables tab.

Press button to "build" ISO image. Give it a name.

Use NERO or other software to burn image on to DVD+R DL disk with book type of DVD-ROM. Book type for nero can be set under "Choose Recorder", Options, Book type settings.

Test disc in NAV system without pulling power yet. The NAV system will be able to read all the data on disc and give you POI's and new locations. The updated disc is now readable.

*** I have yet to complete this step - it is way too cold ***

Next you pull fuse or neg battery cable for the 5 min. Then re-attach. Nav should pull new firmware and boot.

Let me know how this works for you.

black88mx6 - how are you copying the disk to the HD. Nero only allows a data dvd disk copy and holds the data in a buffer. when I tried to drag and drop the files. the folder and the disk aren't the same size? any suggestions? I'm almost there. the disk copy worked 6.1 to 6.1 but I cant get it to read the hybrid disk.

I too am in your same boat. I was able to copy the disk, but I have not been able to swap the Loading file and have the disk work. Also, I noticed that when I copy the good disk to my hardrive and re-burn it,the file is smaller. The only was I was able to make an exact disk was to copy directly from one disk to the other.

Annapolis_SE said:
black88mx6 - how are you copying the disk to the HD. Nero only allows a data dvd disk copy and holds the data in a buffer. when I tried to drag and drop the files. the folder and the disk aren't the same size? any suggestions? I'm almost there. the disk copy worked 6.1 to 6.1 but I cant get it to read the hybrid disk.
You copy to the HD from the original navigation DVD by using standard drag and drop into a directory that you create. The size of the files in this directory will match the number and size of the files on the DVD until you move the new "loading.kwi" file.

07camryxle said:
I too am in your same boat. I was able to copy the disk, but I have not been able to swap the Loading file and have the disk work. Also, I noticed that when I copy the good disk to my hardrive and re-burn it,the file is smaller. The only was I was able to make an exact disk was to copy directly from one disk to the other.
What parts of my process are you getting stuck at? Are you using the ImgBurn program to create your ISO?

the drag and drop file size is different for the disc. (I can check it tonight) when i delete the loading.KWI and then move the 5.1 loading.kwi over to the directory and burn through Nero. I unpluged the battery for 5 minutes and when I reconnect it, insert the dvd it cant read the disc and I lose all of the radio functions until I put the original 6.1 disc back in.

Annapolis_SE said:
the drag and drop file size is different for the disc. (I can check it tonight) when i delete the loading.KWI and then move the 5.1 loading.kwi over to the directory and burn through Nero. I unpluged the battery for 5 minutes and when I reconnect it, insert the dvd it cant read the disc and I lose all of the radio functions until I put the original 6.1 disc back in.

Are you using ImgBurn to create your ISO? Did you then test this DVD to see if it could read without unplugging your battery?

07camryxle said:
i tried to download ImgBurn and when I go to run the program it says a error has occured. I have tried downloading the program from many different sources and still nothing.
The version I downloaded is 2.1.0.0

It's main website is here http://www.imgburn.com/ I am in no way associated with this program. I did read up on how to create a version 3 UDF/OSI on cdfreaks and this is what they recomended.

I am unable to troubleshoot why you can't get imgburn it to run. Make sure you have the proper rights and such to load software on your system. I do know that I an create a ISO with imgburn then I use Nero to burn to DVD+R DL DVD disc that works in my 07 NAV.

07camryxle said:
So the ImgBurn is just going to creare the files? I then need to burn thos files to a DVD, correct?
ImgBurn will create 1 file. This file, a "yourfilename.ISO", is the layout of the entire DVD. You can then use Nero; point Nero to that ISO using the Burn Image function, and that will then finish the creation of the DVD for you.

07camryxle said:
when you created the file using ImgBurn. it says i can browse a file or browse or folder. Should I see each of the files or should it just list the main directory?
You should just point it to your main directory. When you go to use the "build" option. It will ask if this is your root directory. Say yes, and it will grab all files and folders under your root directory to create the DVD.

Today I pulled the neg battery cable, with my hybrid disc in the NAV unit and it did reload back to the older firmware that allows the NAV over-ride on my 07. While this is good, be aware that the the firmware was much smaller from the original 5.1 disc. This may mean that with the older firmware you might not be able to get SAT radio (that would be my first gusss) or other things added to the 07. Since I am not going to get SAT radio, I went ahead and did this and will run it until such a time as other solutions are found for the newer firmware. Hope this helps anyone else trying to do this.

41 - 60 of 521 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.