Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the size of the owner's manual, audio/visual manual, warranty manual, and all the other legal manuals, I can see possibly why, but I did not get a nice fancy padded folder or jacket to place in the glove box to keep any of these books in. Just a stack of them with a rubber band wrapped around them. Am I the only one, or did Toyota stop the folders? It was always nice to keep insurance card and registration in. Seems for what I paid for this car, something should have been included.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Mine came with a folder, I wouldn't call it fancy, but it works. Certainly not a rubber band. I would guess that maybe your dealer forgot to include it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe it's a port option, so it was up to your dealer chose to include it mine did not. I bought one off of eBay from a Toyota dealer in California. The option is called "DK Owner's Portfolio". I noticed this on about half of the Avalons I was looking at.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is a $0 option
DK is the item code
Preferred Owner's Portfolio is the item name.
It is supplied by the regional port/shipper
but it does not come on every unit. its random

·
Registered
53 Posts
Given the size of the owner's manual, audio/visual manual, warranty manual, and all the other legal manuals, I can see possibly why, but I did not get a nice fancy padded folder or jacket to place in the glove box to keep any of these books in. Just a stack of them with a rubber band wrapped around them. Am I the only one, or did Toyota stop the folders? It was always nice to keep insurance card and registration in. Seems for what I paid for this car, something should have been included.
In NY state, no folders for me either. I actually prefer they didn't print me anything though (save the trees) and I downloaded all the PDFs.

·
Registered
2020 Avalon Limited harbor gray
10 Posts
If you really want one, ask your dealer, all they can say is no, but I have found most dealerships aim to please, if they have one lying around I’m sure they will give you one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will certainly ask the dealer. I don't think all those books will even fit in the glove box, but it would be nice to carry the owners manual and the insurance card and registration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts