Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure these two are the same problem, but I had some issues with vibration (see thread if you're really bored: Is there a coolant hose diagram for gen4 5SFE? (Engine...) and I used some carb cleaner, and the vibration has lessened, but not gone away completely.

Anyway, I have these oxygen sensor readings:

Is ~3.25 volts correct for o2 sensor? Videos on youtube show a defective o2 sensor behaving differently.

This (OBD II code P0401 Exhaust EGR Flow Insufficient) guide mentions that it could be the "egr temperature sensor", am I wrong in thinking that it's the same thing as the oxygen sensor? I had asked about this vibration problem on another board and one guy said he had the same symptoms (<900 rpm vibration + quick stop engine shutters + sporadic fuel/exhaust/burnt mixture smell) and he said it was the o2 sensor on the second bank.

My only other guess is the egr valve controller. But isn't that located on the reserator? Because I tested that one, and it seemed ok. One video had it on the back of the engine block, but that could be a different thing.

·
'00 4 Cyl. Auto Camry LE
968 Posts
If your engine is equipped with California Emissions controls, it would use a wide-band A/F sensor as the primary sensor, -not- a "standard" O2 sensor. The voltage range (0 - 3.3v) is for the wide-band A/F sensor,
vs. (0 - 1v) for a "standard", or narrow-band 02 sensor

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is there a California component that could have been replaced with a non California component that would raise the p0401 error?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts