Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 sequoia, 85k miles, codes were saying to replace both the upstream sensors. got the passenger side one in with some effort, but no joy on the driver's side one. can't figure out how to get my hands in there to undo the wire on the old, or for that matter how i'll get the wrench in to pull the sensor.

has anyone done this, have tips? i managed to get my foot-long screwdriver in the side of the harness but still couldn't pull it apart no matter what i tried. what am i missing?

now that i'm out more than $100 for the bosch sensor, i really want to get this in! help!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I hope you arent introducing a problem, On the Lexus sites everyone has a terrible time with Bosch sensors. They eventually had to be replaced with OEM sensors. I however dont know about the 4.7 liter engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I hope the Bosch won't be a problem on my sequoia, or at least that if so it'll reveal itself while still under warranty. Too expensive a part to have to toss

Meanwhile, back to my original question. Doesn't anyone have a great trick for disconnecting a wiring connector that's so inaccrssibke that I can't really give the good yank it seems to need?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts