Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many oxygen sensors do I need to replace? Where is the location in my car?

My car is Camry 97 made in Japan, 4 cylinders and miliage is 77,000. I never changed it before.

Chris

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,862 Posts
yours will have two. one in the exhaust manifold and another just after the primary catalytic converter. why are you asking about them - is your car acting up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ghettosled said:
yours will have two. one in the exhaust manifold and another just after the primary catalytic converter. why are you asking about them - is your car acting up?
I never replace oxygen sensors before. My current miliage is 77,450. I guess I need to replace them every 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
You dont need to replace them until the check engine light comes on, then you may want to replace both. The sensors run around $150-$200 each plus labor (not the cheapo Bosch kind).

I didnt have to replace them in my car until around 120K, and my parents Gen5 has 100K and doesnt need them replaced yet either.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
"You dont need to replace them until the check engine light comes on,"

I agree with geoff5093. Don't replace them until the check engine light comes on and you get a code for one or the other. The code for the front one will be P0135, while the code for the rear one (under the car) will be P0136. If the check engine light isn't on, leave them alone.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts