Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the obd and it gave me the code Po 136 02 circuit (bank 1,sensor 2) What should I replace? or check. thanks for any help. 2001 Highlander v6 limited

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
PM sent.

P0136 is bank 1 sensor 2 oxygen sensor. I sent you some information for your review.

I checked the obd and it gave me the code Po 136 02 circuit (bank 1,sensor 2) What should I replace? or check. thanks for any help. 2001 Highlander v6 limited

·
Registered
1 Posts
p0136 info please

got the same code, any chance you could send infor on location and method of R&R the sensor

Cheers

·
Registered
2003 Highlander V6
5 Posts
P0036

PM sent.

P0136 is bank 1 sensor 2 oxygen sensor. I sent you some information for your review.
I have a 2003 Highlander Limited V6 and have multiple codes any help would be appreciated:

P0036 Heated 02 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 (Which O2 sensor?)
P0441 Emission System purge flow
P0442 Emission Leak Detected
P0446 Emission System Vent

I'm Thinking the last 3 are all related. I checked the gas cap but need to check near the air-filter to maker sure no hoses are loose or not connected.

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
I have a 2003 Highlander Limited V6 and have multiple codes any help would be appreciated:

P0036 Heated 02 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 (Which O2 sensor?) This is the one after the CAT
P0441 Emission System purge flow
P0442 Emission Leak Detected
P0446 Emission System Vent
The above 3 looks like if it isn't a loose gas cap, could be the charcoal canister. My first advise is to try a new FACTORY gas gap and if that doesn't reset the light, you may be in need of the charcoal canister.

I am not a Tech, so I could be wrong here, but what I read looks like it could be the gas cap or the charcoal canister.
I'm Thinking the last 3 are all related. I checked the gas cap but need to check near the air-filter to maker sure no hoses are loose or not connected.

·
AvConsult
3,657 Posts
The emissions codes may be because the purge canister hose is pulled off of the purge valve, which is located on the back side of the air cleaner box.

The after cat sensor can be seen by sticking your head under the car. Make sure the sensor still has the harness attached and the sensor itself is still firmly attached to it's exhaust pipe flange. Apparently these can rust and fail in northern climates.

Don't know how many of the reported Bank 1 Sensor 2 problems were heater circuit related (underhood fuse or related), but replacing the sensor has fixed more than a few of these similar codes as reported on TN. The sensor is $35 to $60. Rockauto has a nice selection.

·
Registered
2003 Highlander V6
5 Posts
The emissions codes may be because the purge canister hose is pulled off of the purge valve, which is located on the back side of the air cleaner box.

The after cat sensor can be seen by sticking your head under the car. Make sure the sensor still has the harness attached and the sensor itself is still firmly attached to it's exhaust pipe flange. Apparently these can rust and fail in northern climates.

Don't know how many of the reported Bank 1 Sensor 2 problems were heater circuit related (underhood fuse or related), but replacing the sensor has fixed more than a few of these similar codes as reported on TN. The sensor is $35 to $60. Rockauto has a nice selection.
It was the purge canister house. The line was open. I may have pulled it out by accident when I was initially investigating the CEL & VSC light. I reattached the hose and unplugged the battery to reset the system and clear the CEL. The CEL hasn't come back on and I drove 25 miles today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts