Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 4runner
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 3 months ago a 1999 Toyota 4runner 2.7 L with 76,000 miles, every went perfect, was my first Toyota and I love it. But since 2 weeks ago my 4runner start failing missing power when accelerating the vehicle, check engine light pop up, I check the code and my OBD reader shown the P0120 code. I bought the Throttle position sensor on the Toyota delar ($68 USD) and replace it today, the check engine light goes away, It work fine for half day then start lossing power again, check engine light appears again, read the codes and show me a p304 (miss fire detected on piston #4) I dont know what to do know!! what can I do?

NEED HELP!!!

·
MDT Toyota Tech
413 Posts
Check the #4 plug and wire, make sure they are in good condition. I'd also run some BG 44K through your tank, cuz its possible that its a fuel misfire. Maybe the #4 injector is stuck. You can tap on it lightly with a screwdriver to try and break it loose. You can also press a screwdriver up against the injector and put you ear to the other end and see if the injector is clicking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts