Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 4 cylinder throwing these three codes. Replaced the gas cap as no vacuum escaped when unscrewing it. Code reset lasted about a week. Still no whoosh when opening the new cap.

Which is more likely: a bad VSV at the tank or a rusted fuel filler neck (Kansas; not sure it really counts as heavy salt exposure)?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh

Yeah, I think it *might* be the VSV, given that the fitting for the hose is completely busted off, with the open hose flopping around. Glad I went ahead and ordered a new one.

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,060 Posts
Yeah, I think it *might* be the VSV, given that the fitting for the hose is completely busted off, with the open hose flopping around. Glad I went ahead and ordered a new one.
Happens all the time.

Reactions: 1996ClaretCamry

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Related

Probably very related, but just trying to check the air filter on these Camrys is such a pain. Next time, I'm considering just disconnecting everything I can from that upper housing before unclipping it.

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,060 Posts
Probably very related, but just trying to check the air filter on these Camrys is such a pain. Next time, I'm considering just disconnecting everything I can from that upper housing before unclipping it.
Just try a Gen 1 Sienna with the V6. It's a nightmare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts