Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
06 Tacoma 4X4 TRD OR
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the trip was nice of coarse did not have a good time. The truck did good. I pulled in the driveway and unloaded. Later on I spun my truck around like I normally park and the transmission slipped when put into drive. Now this morning I'm throwing a P0705 transmission error. I hope that it wasn't just the trip that caused this. I will be taking it in for service. Anyone else experiance something like this. I searched but didn't see anything.
:sosad:

·
Theatre Nerd Person...yea
Tacoma
1,969 Posts
P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction (PRNDL Input)

Looks like you busted the Shifter Position sensor to me when it slipped in drive.

·
Registered
'05 Taco & '89 ///M3
196 Posts
I had that exact same CEL code. P0705. Mine was because of the remote start that was installed. It turned out that the Black-white wire coming out of the ignition switch was being used by the remote start, but this was grounding out and reducing the voltage to .45v. The ECU needs to see 10-14v from this wire when it's in any position except for P or N. I basically disconnected that lead from the Black-White and that solved my problem. Now I have to go back and find a new source for the remote start. Just so you know the P/N switch is on the passenger side of the transmission. It has a plug with about 7 or 8 wires coming out of it. There is a whole procedure on how to diagnose the error. I can send you the Toyota pdf for troubleshooting that code if you'd like. Just PM me your e-mail and if you have a 4x4 or prerunner (they have two different PDFs for those).
I also drove around for over a month with that error. The trans goes into a "limp" mode and will shift harder than normal, and can sometimes take a few seconds to get into drive. But other than that it drove normal and I didn't notice and slipping.

Another thing you can try first is resetting the computer by pulling the neg battery cable and let sit for about 5 min. This should clear the code and then see if it comes back again. It will take two starts of the truck and placing the truck in gear before the code will return.

EDIT: Looking at you cardomain it looks like you've installed an Eclipse HU. If you connected the park/neutral wire for any reason (liek to watch DVDs or if you haev Navi and it wants to see a Park signal) this could cause your error. This wire would have been purple behind the passenger side kick-panel or the Black-White wire coming from the ignition.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma 4X4 TRD OR
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since the remote start requires two starter wires the green/black, and the white/black.
I cut the ground wire on the key bypass transponder and thus it works fine. I removed the power wire for the transponder from the green/black to the black/red ignition wire live during cranking. That way there is not extra load and my transmission is working correctly. Thanks for the Help Jon. :clap:

·
Registered
'05 Taco & '89 ///M3
196 Posts
Flash550 said:
Since the remote start requires two starter wires the green/black, and the white/black.
I cut the ground wire on the key bypass transponder and thus it works fine. I removed the power wire for the transponder from the green/black to the black/red ignition wire live during cranking. That way there is not extra load and my transmission is working correctly. Thanks for the Help Jon. :clap:
Cool! I'm glad you were able to get it fixed! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
remote start with delayed drive

hi jon,
i have the same problem as i got remote start today, how to get this problem solved and have remote start too ?

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Owned........But the info was of some help. I can't understand it but I'll look into it when it comes time to do my remote start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
P0705 engine code

2011 Tacoma, 4WD, Automatic, 4.0 L V6

I just got the P0705 engine code and found this old discussion so thought I see if there might be any help out there.

About 2 miles after I left the house the engine check light and the slip indicator (VSC/TRAC) light came on at the same time. I turned around and went back home. The code from my engine code reader is - P0705 $07E8 Transmission Range Sensor A Circuit (PRNDL Input . The symptoms I have are:
  • shifter seems a bit stiff
  • the gear indicator lights in the dash didn't work for gears 3, 2 and L. I shifted thru those gears numerous times and the indicator lights for those gears did started working but seem intermittent.
  • 4WD high and low ranges work fine.
  • re the slip indicator light, the roads are dry and it's sunny and hot, so no idea what that is about.
I cleared the engine codes after doing a little internet research and took the truck out for a 3-4 mile drive and the check lights did not come back on.

From what I am finding online for the P0705 code , it seems to indicates that I might have a faulty Park/Neutral Position Switch. I have located that switch on the passenger side of the transmission and am posting this to find out if -
1) does it sounds like I'm on the right track?
2) if so, is it just a simple matter of unbolting the old one and bolting on the new one?

Thanks in advance ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
You might be. Triggers include, any two of these on: • Park/neutral position switch input signal is ON • R input signal is ON • D input signal is ON • 2 input signal is ON

OR any of these two:• Park/neutral position switch input signal is ON • R input signal is ON • 3 input signal is ON • L input signal is ON

Suggests looking here: • Open or short in park/neutral position switch circuit • Park/neutral position switch • ECM

Reactions: edells

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might be. Triggers include, any two of these on: • Park/neutral position switch input signal is ON • R input signal is ON • D input signal is ON • 2 input signal is ON

OR any of these two:• Park/neutral position switch input signal is ON • R input signal is ON • 3 input signal is ON • L input signal is ON

Suggests looking here: • Open or short in park/neutral position switch circuit • Park/neutral position switch • ECM
Thanks for the input RTFM! It might be beyond my capabilities to do but a friend of mine might be able to help me on that. Nonetheless, I really appreciate you taking the time to share it.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts