Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2002 Toyota Camry V6 XLL. I am having an Engine Error P1135 and P1155 error code. Is it okay to replace P1135 first instead of replacing both at the same time? Thanks

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
2,494 Posts
Assuming that both sensors are faulty then change both.
Reason being that engine needs both working correctly to meet emission standards.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Provided you check the other things that could lead to both sensors to fail at the same time, and make sure that's not the fault, then you certainly could replace one, make sure its code stops being thrown, then the other. If the unreplaced one is still throwing the code then replace it promptly.

You'll know whether you happen to have two sensors that have died at the same time in very short order, and that is entirely possible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine check started to appear only when we replace the gaskets as the engine oil leaks front and rear. Before there was no engine check. I realized that when we unplug all the sensors coz we have to take out the manifold to insert the gaskets and replaced the spark plugs front and back, we did not disconnect the battery. Is that the reason why P1135 and P1155 air/fuel sensors code started to appear? Any solutions please if you had experienced like this aside from replacing the sensors? Thanks

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
2,494 Posts
Unplugging the sensors can set the error code.
Reset( erase codes) do the reappear?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts